New owner, new member

neil76

Hi all,

Just picked up my first Lupo today, pictured below:

1.DSC00125.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

It is a 2001 SDi, bought with only 25000miles on the clock and it is as new biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Would have liked a TDi but performance isn't that important to me as the car will be used for motorway commuting day in day out.

So far I am very impressed, it replaced a Polo Coupe and the quality is far better, ride and handling are acceptible too, but sure to get better when I drop it and add rims.

The rest of the fleet includes a Golf TDi Estate and a Beetle 1303S Cabriolet so I am not new to VW's.

Will pop back from time to time and start a thread in the photo section to update mods when they happen smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

How do I get hold of a Club Lupo sticker?

Neil

Well the Golf isn't that interesting, just a load and mileage hauler, here's a couple of shots of the bug

1.beach1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

1.beach2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Enjoy smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Sweet bug matey. ahhhh aircooled.............**Poobah drifts off reminising about times past**..........Gotta get that ragtop bought!!!

C

QUOTE(beer monsta)
seems tey let anyone on the lupo forums these days - next you will be putting a plate on it like R333TLE or summit like that.......tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

How's the oil burning bora going Chris? Baby will be out of the pram toddling soon and only need a booster seat, bet you could start looking for something sportier again wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you all like the bug biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Fran - Swansea (well Gorseinon actually) I think we've met before (if your the Fran I am thinking of, 16v Sport Lupo with kit etc..?)

Chris - nope R33TLE is still on the Golf, one day it will make it to a new beetle :?

Well i've now done 1500 miles in the Lupo and all is going well. The tourque is really surprising, regualr diesel crap up at `2500-3000rpm` to make the most but for a non turbo it is surprisingly quick.

I am after sorting the suspension as it is, well rubbish. Going to fit coils in long term but I am after some Eibachs whilst it is still in warranty. Anybody got any?

Anyone know what size tyres I should be looking to fit to a set of 15" wheels? and is 15x6 with an ET of 35 will fit?

Cheers,

Neil