Lupo 1.4 S vs competition

Glupo

Hi all, new here and attracted to the Lupo 1.4 upwards. Haven't driven a lupo, what are they like compared to a Peugeot 106?

Basically I'm looking for a comfortable but nippy and economical commute car with up to 2.5k to spend.

I like the 106 for its handling and general drive factor but only the Gti has ABS. The Lupo sounds alright...

Basically I'm looking for a comfortable but nippy and economical commute car with up to 2.5k to spend.

ticks all those boxes

my favorite thing about the 1.4s is that you have to drive it very positively, it loves jumping out of junctions and is extremely easy to park due to superb visibility and its tiny bottom

also does great MPG

has cheap tax

the acoustics of the car are great (door/boot shut noises sound good and sturdy, something you wont find in the 106)

also the look and feel of the interior is very cool and sturdy EDIT:.. apart from maybe the handbrake :lol:

Edited by Jowey

yeah i am really thinking ov gettin a lupo 1.4S but i am torn between that and a 106 quicksilver! anybody reckon the lupo will go faster coz it is a 16V?

We try not to promote speed and boy racer topics, unless the speed/racing is on a track.

Best place to check would be on www.parkers.co.uk reviews page.

Welcome too!

I've had a 106 (1.1) saxo VTR and two Lupos (GTi & TDi).

The saxo and 106 were pretty good fun to drive but I just got tired of things falling of them and coil pack

problems with the saxo. I wouldn't look twice at buying one now I've had Lupo's.

The build quality is much better on the lupo's, just look what happens to a 106 / saxo in a crash. :)

The 106 1.4 will probably be a quicker car but its horses for courses and you will always get a biased view on a lupo forum.

ticks all those boxes

my favorite thing about the 1.4s is that you have to drive it very positively, it loves jumping out of junctions and is extremely easy to park due to superb visibility and its tiny bottom

also does great MPG

has cheap tax

the acoustics of the car are great (door/boot shut noises sound good and sturdy, something you wont find in the 106)

also the look and feel of the interior is very cool and sturdy EDIT:.. apart from maybe the handbrake :lol:

Thanks all, what sort of mpg are we looking at from a 1.4 S? Would love to get a TDi but the petrol matches my budget.

So are you saying the Sport can be more economical? I can see that it develops more power.

TBH not had any quality issues with the 106, it was a late model with low mileage. Could get an easy 55mpg on a long run and had up to 65 on the motorway (1.1). Very capable car in standard trim, nice looking.

Lupo sounds like another great little car, will see if it's more refined or more boring haha so next step is to sit in one and drive...