Xbox 360 red ring 'o' doom

mattdacornish

Just wondering whether anyone else has experienced the gutting red rings on their 360?

Switched it on the other night and the game loaded up just as normal, signed in, etc.

Start playing the game, did about 4 laps of a 10 lap race and the screen froze, stayed frozen for a few minutes. So switched it off and back on again (being microsoft I thought that would solve the problem!!). The central light was on but the outer ring didn't light up, after a few minutes the outer ring lit up red and flashed a couple of times.

Now the xbox just does this everytime its switched on. The game won't load up and I can't even access the home screen. I presume its dead? an ex-xbox?

its over heated and needs to be sent back to MS they should do it for free.

a couple of people on ere have had the same problem they will let you know the best ways of keepin it cool.

but meanwhile if its under warrinty take it back if its not then send it back to MS.

its over heated and needs to be sent back to MS they should do it for free.

a couple of people on ere have had the same problem they will let you know the best ways of keepin it cool.

but meanwhile if its under warrinty take it back if its not then send it back to MS.

Cheers m8, that does make sense its sandwiched between the tv and a cupboard. Might have to rethink where I put it in future.

sent my elite off last week as it died! It had yellow tint and blue flashes whilst playing the games! No freezes just poor vision, I couldn't find the receit so couldn't take it back to game. It was less than a year old! I have sent it to microsoft for a repair and bought another elite as was told it will take 3-4 weeks to fix! I always had it flat on a glass shelf! I think they all die in time

Edited by Putney

get the number off the ms x360 site and phone em,they should come and collect it ,fix it and have it back quick smart, but ask for fasttrack priority service and really kick up a fuss on the phone,i got mine back in just under two weeks ,got a subscription to xbox live and a free game for my trouble,but i really created on the phone

mines done it twice ,but apparently now they actually have an upgrade repair whereas before they just replaced the board with the same type,that will eventually do it again,minesa been fine for a year+ since

i also got some inch long stick on rubber feet from a pc geek mate and have them stuck underneath it to lift it up and let air get underneath,it makes a massive difference to how hot it gets

dan

They'll have it back in a week.

1. Go to the MS 360 site.

2. Fill out a form, select "RRoD" option, they'll send you a sticker to slap on the box

3. Call UPS (or fill out another form online) and they'll collect the same day/next morning.

4. Await its return.

Easy. Mine came back to me in 8 days! Sent it off Monday, came back the following Tuesday.

I currently have the 3 red lights. Buy a ps3 mate

Really fancy a ps3, can't stand the blinkin' controllers tho, had a ps1 n 2, then got into xboxs.

The xbox controllers are so much nicer to hold, the ps3 design is pretty much the same as ps1, sony should pull their finga out!!!

mine done this. just to to xbox website and fill out all the details and someone will come and lift it to get fixed. i got mine back within ten days with new motherboard and disc drive. Everything is free including the courier.

i have a ps3 and an xbox360 and tbh if i could choose 1 to keep it would still be a 360 just cos there are way more good games, although having both is the best option as things like gt5p and mgs4 make the ps3 worthwhile to own.

i just want a wii now and i'll have the full set.