15x8.5 ET 15 on the rear. Have I any hope of fitting them?

cobblers

Righto, I've seen the perfect set of wheels, but they are a staggered fit and the rears are 8.5 inch wide. I plan on stretching some 195/45/15s on and getting the arch lip rolled and pushed, but I think its going to be pretty bloody close!

My lupo is pretty low, and I'd rather not raise it!

lupo2.jpg

If I have half a chance of it working, I'm going to just buy the buggers.

Would of thought they'd be ok m8. will have a bit of rubbing.

I say go 4 them.

Ive got 8x14 et 5 on the rear with 10mm spacers as the split rim bolts hit my rear calipers, they do rub but nothing major.

The rear arches on loops are smooth so they don't cut into the tyres, they just leave a rub mark.

Cheers for that. I'll just buy them and see! Providing I've half a chance of them going on, I'll risk it, might even raise the back a spot if I must.

Before I refurb them I'll get a tyre mounted on one and try it on (I've got a 195/45/15 lying about the garage) so I don't waste my time polishing them for them not to fit!

mine r 8 et14 on the rear. u'll defo need them rolled and pulled, but u should b fine if u dont mind abit of rubbing.

Well, half a chance is enough chance for me! I've measured them up and it looks like et15 will line the wheels up just right to be nice and close on the inside, to give me enough space on the back, and from what I can see, the angle of the tyres when 195s are stretched on will be about the same as the angle of the arch, so if I roll the lips and perhaps pull them out a little I should just get away with it. Might have to crack the back up 10mm or so (The tops of my 165/50/15s are about 2mm inside the arch right now, but I don't mind sacrificing lowness to have nice wide wheels.

Why do my 15x7's et30 with 195/45's scrub like a bitch on the back then? :confused:

And his isn't a GTI anway.

Gti's have wider arches but they've also got wider track remember, you sure they're et30 though :confused:

ouch. hmmm. You're about the same height as me at the back, and my wheels will be wider and have wider tyres. I really don't want to run as much stretch as you have, it looks scary!

What are you like for clearance on the inside?

Bags of room, on the inside they just fit like stock G60s.

Thats what I like to hear, I'll get a bit machined off the hub faces if I get desperate, although by my measurements, 8.5 inch et15 will put the inner lip 4mm away from inner arch - I'm used to having a 106 and having to get the offset millimeter perfect to fit any rear wheels worth having (et14 or youve no chance!)

Edited by cobblers

• 3 weeks later...

Well bugger me, these finally turned up! Advertised as "freshly refurbished, minor marks on one" and It seems that David Blunkett has sprayed them, and one of them is chipped to hell. nevermind though, because I got a tyre on one of them and they actually fit just as I calculated!

P060908_19.11.JPG

P060908_19.14.JPG

Picture makes it look like there is plenty of room - really there is about 2mm.

I'm going to refurb them on monday, and I'm going up to get the arches rolled on monday night :)

Not sure on how to do them, was thinking chocolate brown spokes and face, with polished lip and centre cap?

Edited by cobblers

Stamps feet incredibly hard......

renault v6 2.5 turbo alpine wheels i think , ive got a pic of a set on an alpine on my phone, ive been searching for a set cheap for a while.

If they arent them , then they look dam close

Picture_061_142816258.jpg

Thems the ones :) I paid more than I should have for them, especially considering what a poor job of a repaint they have had, but I'm damn happy with the look of them, and the back one seems to fit OK.

The fronts are just 6j et 35 so will fly on, maybe I'll add some spacers to shove them out a bit.

Bolted these on today after getting the tyres on them and the arches rolled last night - I'm happy to say they haven't rubbed at all, and I've given the car a lot of stick over some bumpy and undulating roads. I'm quite surprised to be honest!

The rears stick out and the fronts have a mega tuck situation, which is growing on me but I do think I need some 15/20mm spacers.