VERY P1SSED OFF

paulbin

how crap are VW garages i ask u all??? Bloody sh!te, they came to pick my car up on monday to get the bumper repaired, becasue of the paint was comin away, so they told me that a body shop was gonna do it so i thought ok so it might take a day, so i rang yesterday after 1 day and they said it should be ready tomorrow, i rang today left a message with the receptionist (who i know) to get the bloke to ring me see wot was happening, still no reply. So got on the phone played up and they said it 'should be ready tomorrow'. Any way about 10 minutes l8r get another phone call and they said did i want a car, and i said if im getting it tomorrow theres no point, so i said can u please tell me wots happening, so they turned to me and said the man who travels round in the van who repairs them at the side of the road never turned up, so body shops gonna do it first like he told me now the traveling mans gonna do it. i have a good feeling that it will look crap, so if it is im gonna kick hell up and tell them to sort it or sort me and new car!!

why is it so hard to find a good dealership?

even though we pay through the nose for a new car and to service the damn thing service is still crap

i have had so many problems with the monkeys at vw

i have finally found one which is dane motors in chester who are really good and have a really good customer service.

my local vw dealer is motor services in bath (where i got the car) and i've never had one problem with them.. when the peddal box went they sorted me a loan car and everythin is always done when they say it will be unless they have problems in which they phone me not the other way round...

im not tryin to rub it in or anythin biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

must be the only decent one in the country by the sound of it. 8)

I have found a wocked dealership in chalfot it even has its own bodyshop

plus i never get messed around if your car is that new then should nt been done by a vw bodyshop for the paint warranty not some roadside monkey painter

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Took my GTI at 8:30am into VW Banbury to look at some possible rust. At 5:50 picked it up and they forgot to send it off, all they did was wash the car.

Also my dash is saying my oil needs servicing, but it was serviced a few month ago. Put Banbury on the black pages!

Ahaaaaa!! Not rust, I have the same problem, so do a few others. The spoiler isn't made out of metal, it's either plastic or fibreglass.

It's imperfections in the spoiler it's self - small air pockets. You may notice that the bubbles are worse when the sun's shining on it on a hot day - this is because the air inside is expanding.

I've had mine resprayed 4 (yes 4) times by VW now, and only now are they giving in and getting me a new one.

I still have my small bubble of rust near the back window bottom corner. Called VW UK to give me advice and they said to call the local dealer. Called my local garage. No probs pop it down Saturday as we are here until 5pm. Went down and the paint shop closes at 1pm !!!!!!!

Now have to wait until I am on holiday in 2 weeks as I have to work Saturdays and cannot make weekdays

After only ever owning VW's since passing my test in '95 (5 of them), I finally conceded ownership of VW's after:

1) A VW dealer forgetting to service my car when it was booked in and on site (Lupo) - they professed they couldnt find it! :x

2) Car had an attempted break in following repair work whilst on garage forecourt(Lupo) evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

3) I went back to buy an R32 Golf in Motorworld Oxford and was completely ignored even though I stood around/in the car for half an hour. Instead they tried to sell an elderly lady a Polo 1.2S and when they failed returned to their coffee. I am 30 and not a bloody chav so this was the final straw in the VW legacy. clap.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":clap:" border="0" alt="clap.gif" />

Hence the SEAT - a VW in cheap clothing - less expectation!!!

QUOTE(Phlegyas)
Took my GTI  at 8:30am into VW Banbury to look at some possible rust. At 5:50 picked it up and they forgot to send it off, all they did was wash the car

That sounds TYPICAL of Spirit at Banbury!!!

Have experienced them myself (usually avoid Banbury as they're complete useless fools there, normally use Motorworld VW at Kidlington).

Anyway, point of the story, Kidlington were booked up and my passenger window motor had gone so they booked my car in for me to go to Banbury. Got there, they read the details saying "window motor had gone, replacement needed" CORRECT! Said come back in a few hrs, so went shopping in town. Came back, saw a different person behind desk, who responded..."oh your window motor has gone, we'll book you in for next week to have it replaced" evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" /> evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" /> WTF???!!! That's why I was here today! I left rather p*****d off, couldn't be arsed to argue! Banbury VW - avoid them like the plague!!

Oh and Phlegyas, don't let Banbury jet wash your car either - I've heard a few stories from the sales people there, how they've ruined customers' paintwork on numberous occasions :x word of warning to you!

QUOTE(Lynsey)
don't let Banbury jet wash your car either

I have once and lost a wallet and got a few scratches on the back of my car. Im worried got my car in for a MOT at the end of this month. Where is the one you go to? take its not 2 far from banbury.

I really dont want to take my car there again, bet the only time they have picked up a tool was to scratch their arses

How about this one?

Emma called up half an hour back, spoke to someone who said I'll go and find out...

25mins later she was still on hold (this is our mobile bill thats creaping over the free mins)

Just called them on my work phone, no one knows where shes gone.

lmao

QUOTE(Phlegyas)
Where is the one you go to? take its not 2 far from banbury

This is the one... http://www.vw.co.uk/retailers/retailer_lux...y?dealer_no=356, probably about 25mins drive from Banbury. Using the road out of Banbury that goes to Deddington (A4260 or something), takes you straight though to Kidlington.

When you get to Kidlington itself you get to traffic lights, straight on goes into Kidlington but turn right into Langford Lane (prob `sign-posted` Oxford Airport) and VW are in the Motor Park abit further down the road, can't miss it on the roundabout (along with Ford, SEAT, Honda, Nissan, Renault, Vauxhall and the like) smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I always deal with the guy in service called Jon Shaw - the most helpful of all of the guys there and always explains stuff afterwards too, which most of them don't bother doing!

My local VW dealer were so cack I gave up and bought a SEAT. I went in said Id like to buy a lupo GTi, the fella started going on about how I could walk away with a Polo swift 1.2 today, I said no thanks a lupo Gti will be fine, he then carried on talking about the f*cking polo and offered me a test drive! I went back another day explained what I was looking for, the dealer then went to get me a brochure stopped to talk to some other people then started showing them a golf in the showroom....waited for 10 mins then walked out. I'd still like to buy a Gti cos theyre awesome cars, but only if i can find a dealer that actually wants to sell me one

I went to loads of vw dealers to get a look at a lupo gti at the begining of the year and found out that there wasn't one in yorkshire and no one would get one in without a deposit. So I drove to stoke and bought a second hand one. In my experience all main dealers are crap they never ring you back and make up allsorts, just talk to a smart owner about merc dealers they're terrible.

well after 4 days i went to finally pic my car up, and OMG wot a job the bloke made of it, now where shall i start,

1) firstly wrong silver hardly no metalic in it

2) its matt not shiny

3) i can see through the paint and see the black bumper on the corner

4) there is touch up all over the from where the previous repair was done to hide something maybe??

5) above the bumper on the plastic trim under the light they have damaged it and put all touch up in there to hide that but sticks out like a sore thumb

6) a 2cm deep scratch in my light that wasnt there before (deffinatly not a stone chip) looks more like a wall scratch

7) all over spray over the light itself

8) can see sanding scratches under the paint work

i think thats about all i have to say about it, we told them either to spray it properly in a bodyshop or u can take ur car back and we will go else where,

i mean my dad brought a golf from there about 4 months before me and hes still waiting for a key, well they got one but the wrong one, so now i have to wait til next week for the bloke who done the sh!t job to look at it and see wot he can do!!