How do you clean the upper doorcards?

Are we talking about the red ones?

I tried using cleaning spray like vanish etc, but ended up waterstaining the bloody thing :angry2:

Steaming would seem the only way to be honnest. I think it was Friday afternoon when VW decided to cover them in that crappy thin **** matterial.

Teach myself to re-trim ftw :)

be careful not to go too mental when steaming them as the panel itself is only compressed fibreboard and could easily warp if it gets too damp

id be inclined to try a foaming spray trim cleaner like the autoglym one

you spray it on let it foam up then clean it off and it brings quite a lot of dirt off with it!!

personally id just retrim them if it were me ho ho ho

dan

Ha-ha Dan :P

Hopefully i'd get some differnet material on the go, the standard stuff is ****. Im seriously tempted to retrim mine myself....what? Ive got a B in my textiles GCSE :rolleyes:

Edited by Clairey Fairy

When i had my leak both mine got get and water stained.

I tried some of that foam stuff and it made it even worse...And then i spilt polish on one :blush:

Tried everything i can and still cant get it out. I think steam is the only thing that will shift it.

id be inclined to try a foaming spray trim cleaner like the autoglym one

Is that the interior shampoo? can't find a "spray trim cleaner" from autoglym!

I've got the problem with my new door cards, and want to try something before deciding whether to sell the grey ones with my interior or not :huh:

as said earlier the material is very thin. so i think a hoover could rip it if not careful. so how much is it to get them trimmed in leather?

Crikey :o, What sort of Hoover have you got :o.

Spray foam cleaner works for me, You can get it for a £1 in most £ type shops.

I steam cleaned mine quite a while back. It does the job perfectly, however, got to be real careful. The board can start warping, I.E. my headlining has warped just slightly, but the door cards survived. Looked like new too. (until they got dirty again)

Note: Steam cleaned the seats in the process, absolutely spanking new.

You can also use the Vax cleaner fluid by hand. This worked *really* well on my old A4. Just be sure to keep the whole panel equally damp - so as to avoid "tide marks" when it dries.

Edited by dxg

Try rubbing the material with a very damp (wet) cloth and make sure you saturate the fabric parts equally. Don't put too much effort into it as they seem quite delicate. Depends on how dirty they are but this method will remove mild grubbiness and providing the whole area gets equally wet should leave no water marks.