New tele

Huw Pugh

i bought a 47" LCD and it's amazing. i look at 32" tv's now and wonder how i ever lived without a large screen.

seriously, if u can stretch to a 47" then do it, you won't regret it. even 42" looks small in comparison.

i now expect someone with a 52" or 60" to come along and tell me my tv is small :lol:

i bought a 47" LCD and it's amazing. i look at 32" tv's now and wonder how i ever lived without a large screen.

seriously, if u can stretch to a 47" then do it, you won't regret it. even 42" looks small in comparison.

i now expect someone with a 52" or 60" to come along and tell me my tv is small :lol:

So small :P

Ive just gone from a 26"-32" in my bedroom. Its great but i think its the max size for the room.. :lol:

i would suggest, save for another month and get this

http://www.laskys.com/tv_and_dvd__1189/lcd...6#specification

i used to work with electrical goods and this tele is ****ing superb, and great for gaming, has 100 hz good for watching sports, great colour etc etc.

samsung make fab teles and win hands down in my opinion, they always looked the best next to all the other teles!!!!

btw sony teles seem to randomly get white lines on them, my manager spent £1400 on his tele and has it replace 5times before he got one that actually didnt break.

The samsung series 6 is very good.

Also is the Philips Ambilight 96 series.

And the Sony 4000 series.

But i think these will be out of his price range for that size.

I would have a look at the sony 3500 series. Its now out of date but its a bloody good model and should come in at your price range for that size.

Dont go for any unknown make. There all crap..

I'm looking for a new Telly at the moment too...

Sony will be the only thing i'll buy...

Yes there are probally better out there. But Sony it is for me! Everything sony from DVD to Digi Camera, PS3, Cam corder.

Can't explain it. Maybe i've been brain washed....

Adam, there is no point getting a 47 inch in a small room.... :D

I have a 30 in the lounge which I am looking to get an HD 32... The viewing distance is too short for a 40 inch... I can get away with that in the besroom as the room is longer.....

You could probably get away with a 100inch in your penthouse though!

I only ever buy sony.... I am an E badge slut!

The samsung series 6 is very good.

Also is the Philips Ambilight 96 series.

And the Sony 4000 series.

But i think these will be out of his price range for that size.

I would have a look at the sony 3500 series. Its now out of date but its a bloody good model and should come in at your price range for that size.

Dont go for any unknown make. There all crap..

just seen the samsung.... looked very good...

I have the sony 40 xseries 3500 its very good.... loooks nice turened off too!

My dad has his own business fitting high end plasmas and hifi systems to homes/shops/ resturants etc and he reccomends samsung. Play.com have some superb deals on all samsungs, and argos are also great for prices.

Any questions give me a pm

Matt

Hmmm decisions decisions. That Samsung isn't out of my price range as such, but I'm just not convinced what exactly the higher priced ones offer over the slightly cheaper ones (and I dont mean Sony over LG or something - there's so many sony models out I'm not really sure whats what. I've set my theoretical limit as I'll be buying a ps3 and surround sound to go with it so it'll all start getting a bit costly.

Lol Huw I hope my telly has nothing to do with this :P

What size is it? I'm going bigger. :P

We just bought a Toshiba 42" Full HD LCD from Costco, 5 year warranty and just over your budget.

Same TV at John Lewis was £80 dearer.

Really pleased with it. :)

I was told Sony dont make TV's they are made by someone else and badged Sony.

Edited by Bluloop