dsah mounted ipod

yea pretty much sanded the plastic smooth and used some filler primer to even it out

to remove the it you have to take out the cd playerand cubby/radio

then theres three scres holding it inone on each side and one inside atthe back pretty slef explanatory once the cd units are out

as for the top bit its more trick as it seem to be plastic welded in so you have to pretty much snap all the welds out

Thats a fantastic mod!

That'd be great for an iPhone.

yea it wouldjust need to figure out how to hard wire my ipod charger soi can have it charging aswell as im only running it using the aux in

Theres loads of spare fuses in the fuse board, wire it direct to that then your charger plug still works.

Do you have a pic of the build progress? And of the holder without the iPod in place?

i was just going to branhc of the headunits power but i bought a cheapy in car charger of ebay and looks like this

i thout it would have been two wires but its onyll 1 wire and a spring insterad of another wire so not sure how to wire that exactly

heres the piccy shite quality tho but u get the jist of it

0706_223614745.gif

That's very odd, because:

- there's normally an in-line fuse in the centre of those things, this is what the spring should be pressing against (the centre of the ciggie lighter is +ve

- that red wire is just downright confusing - I'm guessing it's actually -ve??

Weird.

Just do what I do - get a cheap ciggie extender from halfords and hack the plug end of that apart. Wire add your own inline fuse and wire that into the fuse box. Then you can keep the adaptor (which include the voltage regulator) for the equipment itself intact. I have this arrangement sitting on my parcel shelf under the drivers wheel. Works well...

That's very odd, because:

- there's normally an in-line fuse in the centre of those things, this is what the spring should be pressing against (the centre of the ciggie lighter is +ve

- that red wire is just downright confusing - I'm guessing it's actually -ve??

Weird.

Just do what I do - get a cheap ciggie extender from halfords and hack the plug end of that apart. Wire add your own inline fuse and wire that into the fuse box. Then you can keep the adaptor (which include the voltage regulator) for the equipment itself intact. I have this arrangement sitting on my parcel shelf under the drivers wheel. Works well...

the red wire was attatched to like the metal bits on the side biut i just snipped it off/

so u recommned sticking it back together and just hid an extender behind the dash sumwer?

nice mod, i done the same thing a while ago, got some pics in the readers rides thingy. i think its made to slot in that gap lol

uch there go'es me thinkin im an original

haha it is made for it

mine still needs some tinkering ipod is moving so sound is cutting in and out cos im only using the headphone jack