Suggest a car Sat pm/Sunday am challage.

Tigz™

for a first car have it for around 6 months and then get a proper car. ur still learnin to drive for atleast the first year of passin.

i had a cinq sportin for 6months and then got my lupo. id go for a seicento sportin!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ford has a deal on with the Ka atm.

I think its the zetec climate one (so alloys, AC etc) with £1600 off making it about £7200ish.

Or so i read.

Ive always liked Kas, not so much now, they are old and the engines a little rubbish, but do drive nicely and buying brand new you get a 3 year warranty anyway.

C1 is cheap for a reason!

Twingo GT is quite quick for a first/learner car.

The C1 is cheap because the pug and toyota share the cost of the design, build and parts are the same.

Its also been designed to be cheap.

The build quality is fantasic.

It has a better spec than my Lupo had for the same price.

The GT is not that fast.

The engine sounds poo at high revs, and is at its best around 3 to 4krpm.

its not a car that would make me worry about.

Its great on the brakes, great round the bends are requires you to learn how to drive a car.

In my opinion, your first car should teach you what happens when you lift off mid corner, so teach you throttle control, and how a car should feel.

Somehow the Fiat 500 avoided my attention!

Got a test drive booked tommorrow.

I test drove a 500 diesel. I liked it, it very smart inside, good fit and finish, but I couldn't get over how slow it was! It has similar figures to a Lupo TDi, but was nowhere near in terms of performance :wacko:. It might just have been a bad one. Not that I'd expect you to drive a diesel anyway, but I can imagine a petrol one would be quite fun :)

The C1 is cheap because the pug and toyota share the cost of the design, build and parts are the same.

Its also been designed to be cheap.

The build quality is fantasic.

It has a better spec than my Lupo had for the same price.

Hmm

I had a 107 on loan for a week, it was awful!

Really very noisey, especially from the exhaust, i even had a look to see if the exhaust was still there it was so bad. How they figure it has 67bhp or whatever it had i dont know, it felt slower than my 1.0 arosa, totally gutless. MPG i thought was quite bad compared to the good things id heard about it. The fuel gauge is a right pain too.

I set off to do a 60 mile round trip, with two dots on the fuel gauage, about 5 miles after setting off the second dot went and the first was flashing saying i needed fuel! I hate digi fuel gauages. It was raining all the way, i could not hear myself think for the sound of water running through the arches.It did have air con though, which did work very well indeed.

The ride is really juttery and hard, although that does make it corner fairly well, albeit it does run out of grip with its skinny little eco tyres.

Im not sure if i had a bad one or not but it was awful, didnt feel like a car, its more a toy! (didnt help it was bring red, made it look even more of a toy) and not to be taken seriously.

Now this is odd because i always like citroens but i doubt id buy a C1!

Although, it is in the lowest insurance group, it claims to do 60mpg on the combined cycle (more like 50) and that probably makes it one of the cheapest cars to run now, given the huge difference between the cost of diesel and petrol. Also they are £35 per year road tax. So i can see why people want them.

The lupo/arosa is a small big car, the 107/c1/aygo are small cheap cars. They miss things that you take for granted on ours, such as the front seats which jump forward to let in people to the back, then return to their set position after. Eveytime in the 107 i went to let somone in the back the seat would go to its more forward and uporight position, not good when im 6ft2".

The perfect city car, wouldnt want to go out of it though!

Even though its 12 years old, i still maintain the Ka takes some beating - its engine lets it down now though, noisey, slow and not great on fuel. Still you get great deals.

I suppose you have considered the fox?

Edited by cardaft

Thanks for the post, big help :)

Looked at the fox, but its too boring.

The Ford Ka is too old, the dash is so ugly theres no way she'd even concider a Sport Ka.

TBH Id either go for the Twingo, or the 500.

She does like the photos Ive shown her, we'll see what she thinks to it in the flesh tonight.

I tend to think she'll be impressed with it.

She likes the Retro-ness of the Bini, so Im sure she'll love the 500.

Hope so, as its much cheaper!

No problem :)

The 500 is a great choice, id not bother with the 1.4 and you dont like diesels so it would be the 1.2, which is the one id get too.

Infact it could almost be classed as an investment, as it will hold onto its value better than most will.

Reviews say buy the 1.2 pop with a couple of extras (AC maybe) to make it hold its value the most.

Im sure she will love it!

Edited by cardaft

I read the 1.2 was the better of the two engines as well.

With leather, sound system upgrade and 16" Multi spokes the 1.2 Sport is £10'405.

With the same options for the 1.2 Pop it brings it down to £9205.

Both cars work out cheaper than the Twingo.

sorry havent read all the thread but there is a yesllow arosa sport 54 plate for sale at jct600 vw wakefield for 4G i think.

Just looked on the jct600 web site (used cars and seat) and they have it listed on there as £4995 but I'm sure I saw it the other day at £3995. i might be mistaken. it has the 15" sport wheels on it. Mileage is 28,295 and one owner and 0% avalable.

I know its been said but the new micra? Obviously not the best looking car out there but they are great for first cars.

The 1.2 is what I had as a first car and although I was teased and rightfully so, the 1.2 80bhp is not shy and actually surprisingly nippy. It was only a group 2 insurance, so about as cheap as they go. I drove like a plank for over a year and had no problems what so ever, they even handle well and for those that care they are also economical. Finally the clutch is light, has an amazing turning circle and it without a doubt one of the easiest cars I have driven. :coffee:

Though if the 500 was out then, I would have been very tempted.

The 500 is fantasic.

Took the sport, and the lounge out for a test drive.

The lounge was rubbish, but I love the sport, supprisenly little body roll for such a tall car.

Ride was much better than the reviews led ne to believe.

Steering feel was usual new car dullness.

Good brakes though, and the 1.2 engine is spot on, really good low down and sounded great.

Sounded better than the Twingo!

Think we may have a winner LOL