INSURANCE

MR TURBO SPORT

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First year at 18 I paid 1200 TPFT on a 1.0E

Second year I paid 680 fully comp with an SP30 and all mods declared, on the same 1.0E

Dreading the moment I change the policy to a Corrado. :lol:

Age - 21

Points - 0

Car - Lupo GTi

Cover - TPFT inc Business use - Cause work gives me money for using my car

NCB - 1 yrs

Cost - £1300 (£1000 a year from work for car use!!)

So really about £300 ^_^

don't worry, he'll learn his lesson when his car is written off by an uninsured driver.

Not just that, he could bin it himself on the way home tonight and its all over.

Not just that, he could bin it himself on the way home tonight and its all over.

when i was 21 i was riding a brand new R1 worth around 7k. i could only insure it tpft for obvious reasons.

if i had binned it myself (which i did), then i could accept the cost, but somebody else binning it for me when it wasn't my fault would have really ground my gears.

Age - 24

Points - 0

Car - Lupo GTi

Cover - fully comp

NCB - 3 yrs

Cost - £400

insurer - swift

No accidents (crossing fingers)

Its staying TPFT until it gets a bit cheaper. TBH i know me saying that i'll never trash it, means it could never happen, but if someone smashes into me insured or not they'll be paying for it. if i trash it by my own mistake then i can only blame my self thats why i take it easy (sometimes).

and your right it is worth about 5g. ha ha

Vinny

Adam k, i know you say he'll learn his lesson with third party etc etc.

But at the the end of the day its the only way alot of people can afford to drive

the car they want, and im pretty sure he knows if he bins it hes ****ed but

either has it like that or not at all so.

At 17 i had a 1.4 16v corsa sport and that was £1400 with a pass plus.

And currently i have a loop gti at 19 with 1 years ncb and 3 points so i had to

go on my dads insurance with it which was £900.

Adam k, i know you say he'll learn his lesson with third party etc etc.

But at the the end of the day its the only way alot of people can afford to drive

the car they want, and im pretty sure he knows if he bins it hes ****ed but

either has it like that or not at all so.

At 17 i had a 1.4 16v corsa sport and that was £1400 with a pass plus.

And currently i have a loop gti at 19 with 1 years ncb and 3 points so i had to

go on my dads insurance with it which was £900.

if you read my posts you'd realise that i did exactly the same thing, i binned a brand new R1 while insured tpft and had to pay out of my own pocket to have it repaired. £700 for 3 bits of plastic, plus £1200 for an exhaust system was a fairly valuable lesson learnt for me. with that money that i had to lay out for repairs i could have just gone fully comp in the first place.

if anyone had hit me and driven off i'd have been absolutley screwed and my own insurance would have been a nightmare to claim through as it takes forever to claim from the uninsured motorists fund.

Age - 21

NCB - 0

Fault Accidents - 1, value - £6000

Points - 0

Lupo GTI

£700

Whos that with? Im in the same situation as you, but my accident only cost £3000.

Cant find anything cheaper than 1037 with bell atm, declaring mods, and adding track and TPFT any other car.

John

if you read my posts you'd realise that i did exactly the same thing, i binned a brand new R1 while insured tpft and had to pay out of my own pocket to have it repaired. £700 for 3 bits of plastic, plus £1200 for an exhaust system was a fairly valuable lesson learnt for me. with that money that i had to lay out for repairs i could have just gone fully comp in the first place.

if anyone had hit me and driven off i'd have been absolutley screwed and my own insurance would have been a nightmare to claim through as it takes forever to claim from the uninsured motorists fund.

Yes mate but in your case you could find the £1900 to repair it and so you propably should have gone fully comp.

Im talking about people who can just literally afford to thrid party it and no more just to have a nice car to drive.

They no if they crash or get crashed into they are ****ed but will do it for love of the car they want.

Whos that with? Im in the same situation as you, but my accident only cost £3000.

Cant find anything cheaper than 1037 with bell atm, declaring mods, and adding track and TPFT any other car.

John

Bell using their Flexi-bell so its a 10 month accelerator. I have taken off most things like windscreen, but added DOC. Thats with no mods.

They want an extra £30 to add coilovers, which is nothing really.

Bell using their Flexi-bell so its a 10 month accelerator. I have taken off most things like windscreen, but added DOC. Thats with no mods.

They want an extra £30 to add coilovers, which is nothing really.

21, fully comp with bf on policy, 4 years no claims and protected at £500, only prob, they dont like the mods, so looking at changing, any advice?

if u cant afford to insure the car that u want then dont bloody buy it. thats just fkin stupid imo drivin a car worth over 5k on tpft.

i was 17 driving a 3litre V6 toyota camry

cost me £228 quid for 2 months 3rd party

3rd party was the best plan cos the car was only worth £300

was a cracking laugh though