Zero offset on a GTI

Mr ColinG

when i ran 8's on the RM's it worked out like an offset of 13 or something maybe, and they scrubbed to **** unless i was on stupid ride height

but im no good with these kind of things...

with an ET0 the hub-mount surface of the wheel is going to be slap-bang in the middle of the centre line of the wheel!

Comparing an ET0 to an ET25, you will be pushing the outer lip of the wheel an inch futher out from the car. On a GTI you would be looking at a heck of a lot of arch work to fit this in, Even with an insanely stretched tyre!

Those Ronal Racings I put on mine were ET0 but mines a non-gti so has less arch gap.

I can't help but think with the correct tyres you should be able to squeeze them into GTI arches. Just depends how hard to drive.

I got 7s with ET0 under stock Sport arches with 145 tyres.

I think it will be ET18.66 front and ET12.30 rears.

...I think.

Right think I have got it, if I add an extra 1" to the lip it gives me an effective ET12.5, extra 1/2" would be ET18.75.

But the outer edge would be an 1" further out.

Dont know why I am fussing about the ET its whether it will rub the arches :huh:

Jen, did you get any arch work done?

Just fit them and then work out what you have to do ;)

Thats the way I work.

Anyone seen my car...?

:lol:

Going to order stainless steel ones, so want to get it right.

Expensive mistake otherwise :wacko:

Probably will though, I usually work on a similar philosophy :lol:

I can't help but think with the correct tyres you should be able to squeeze them into GTI arches. Just depends how hard to drive.

Doubt it. Even with the 165/50's on my 8's with ET25 there's not a lot of clearance. Two more turns down on the front coilovers and I'm scrubbing the arches. Only just clears on the back too.

I need my arches rolling...

Jens Rms when they were 8s were about ET13ish I think and they scrubbed to death on all four corners. Thats when really low, and also raised to quite a high level. They are now 7 & 7.5 with some stretch and just about get away with scrubbing. A quick arch roll and they will tuck nicely. Think they are now ET19 and 25

Edited by Joe

You can do but I mucked up my maths, works out it will be ET12.5 ish. :)

Well...I'm ready to buy some ET01 and I know that an 8mm spaceres will work correctly...!

:rolleyes:

Cheers mate,

D.

Should fit I had 8.5" on rears and 7.5" on front with 195's ET15 and was fine wond as low as coilovers would go on back (unless you have 2 people in back and drive hard)

Oh fogot to say AK had cut the inner arches abit, but only himself and looked fine so sure you could do that with your skills :shades:

Edited by Bikerz

Im running 8" ET18 at the moment

And my new wheels are 7" ,but with adapters they will be ET 0.3

My arches are rolled and pulled though, so i can accommodate them without too much trouble

So i would say get them rolled, but do as Tigz said, fit the wheels and take it from there. Thats what i did.

I love VW owners mentality, 'dont buy wheels to fit your car, buy the wheels you want and make the car fit them' :lol: