Petrol Panic Buying

Linz

Guest Lauryn

Had to go to 3 stations tonight to fill my Megane, they all seem to have £15 fuel limits up here, but I was too busy dreaming and only seen the sign when I hit £17, so when I went in to pay the cheeky bitch who served me was like 'can you not count'?! **** her!

Edited by Lauryn

Read a prediction today in the Times of £1.50 a lt by the summer; that should be interesting.....

Now that the public have been 'advised' of this, it will come true. The media have a lot to answer for. If they shut the **** up, life would be so much easier & cheaper. The rush on Northern Rock and the consumer problems mortgage customers face was largely down to the BBC reporting a problem that didn't really exist. Now it's none existant fuel shortages.

Its a joke up here today. Byron needed to fill up before heading to work. He tried the 2 local garages - both were empty. He decided to risk the 10 miles down the road to Kinross, the next big garage, and ... he ran out!

His partner was working in Dunfermline and tried a few nearby who were all out of diesel (and still displaying their "delivery expected later" signs). He eventually found some at an Asda's and proceeded to get his jerry can out the back of the van. Someone came running out and stopped him. There was a £15 limit on fills, and NO jerry cans.

They obviously expect people to stock up jerry cans to keep at home - for a "just in case" situation.

The guy had to come and tow Byron away and then drive him back to the site. They now only have one van for the foreseeable future. Or until they can find a garage with diesel and that will let them fill a jerry can.

passed a souped up import scoobie today doing 55 on a nice A road trying to save fuel, bet it's the first time it's been driven below the speed limit. :D

Garage in Kirkaldy has been charging £1.45 a litre for diesel according to the news.

I tried to get petrol in Inverurie this morning but there's none whatsoever. Feckin farmhand idiots.

I'll try in Aberdeen later but it looks like a lot of the garages there are dry now too, according to various news sources.

Praise be for working from home! :D

Yeah, I saw that - joke! Our small one across the road had petrol but not diesel (well did this morning) , who knows how long that will last!? And he is already at least 5p dearer than anywhere else. I heard on the radio this morning that Asda do not get their fuel from Grangemouth, so if the strikes and blockades do go ahead they will keep on getting deliveries. But that doesn't mean there will be plenty to go around as everyone will just go there!

Well that didn't take long, the first idiots around here are starting to prepare for Mad Max style apocalypse.

Some survivalist in front of me this afternoon filled his car and 4 jerry cans. Twunks.

Well that didn't take long, the first idiots around here are starting to prepare for Mad Max style apocalypse.

Some survivalist in front of me this afternoon filled his car and 4 jerry cans. Twunks.