ebay error

Dark

i have just noticed on ebay the listings that accept a cheque as payment are listed as "personal check". a blatantly poor spelling mistake from a big company.

as i have a current listing i have now complained to customer support saying i could have lost sales as "personal check" sounds like a dodgy security frisk rather than a payment option. will see what they have to say. if they accept and credit my insertion fee. then they have the potential to lose millions on insertion fees paid since they made the mistake. muwhahaaa.

wrong language though, and you could go to court over an auction that sold you trousers when you thought you were getting pants. there are no excuses, check is not listed in the official English dictionary as meaning cheque in any form.

Lol and I thought that I was padantic. You are right though, take 'em to court, I double-donkey dare you. :lol:

NOCK

Edited by NOCK

nock do your ebay pages say check?

this is from just from the start of my thread i noticed it, the format of ebay listings has just changed, they look different and the detail sections within the listing are tabbed instead of all on one page. do you have this format aswell? you have to accept a new certificate to be able to see them.

Edited by Dark

Nah I have the old layout and I'm on Firefox 3 Beta 5 (if the browser, as you suspect, matters). Says Cheque on the item that Jon quoted.

NOCK

Edited by NOCK

Its not like its ambiguous - pants/trousers could mean 2 very different things (although if there's a photo, I suspect you have very little comeback).

Check instead of cheque, when put together with the word "personal" hardly conjures up many connotations...

Oh & the item Jon posted shows up as "cheque" in firefox, opera, ie & safari.

it displays correctly as cheque on IE. so its the latest firefox that is the issue.

oh well still ebays fault, i expect they list firefox as a supported browser somewhere.

Edited by Dark

right its over. i logged out and closed out of everything. cleared all private data. logged back in and now its normal old style ebay with cheque. what version of ebay i had before i have no idea, either a beta or american version got accessed by mistake or something. but it was on ebay.co.uk for sure.

and a different layout.

prefer the normal one.

interested to see if anyone else ever get this alternate version of ebay.

i do not jest, i just went to ebay.com to see what it looks like, and although it did have the check spelling it didnt have the new layout where once you go into someone's listing instead of scrolling down, each area is tabbed, so you tab to payment options or item description etc.

honestly!

Is all this just about an American english spelling appearing on eBay.co.uk?

Anyone would think that the spelling on here was Oxford English Dictionary perfect :rolleyes: