the Silver Sedan!

nfbr

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the original anti-roll bar, You can only lower the car by 40mm before it'll start to knock on pretty much every corner.

The Neuspeed 25mm anti-roll bar I've got ordered for the front will clear the driveshaft. The only issue then will be once you pass 65mm, theres a chance of the driveshaft knocking on the chassis leg, But I won't be going down quite that far I don't think. The bonus is that there are no boost hoses in the way of the driveshaft on this one :)

I've now chosen my exhaust tailpipe :) All thats left to do is get the off-the-shelf components ordered up, and have a go at making the link pipe between the axle and the tail peice :)

Plans so far are for it to be a 2.5" Straight through pipe with no silencers or boxes from the turbo charger, all the way to the back... However, theres a possibility this might change in favour of having a very small backbox just to get rid of the harshness at low engine speeds (800 - 1400rpm) and to cut down on noise at higher revs (3000 - 4000rpm)

Anyway - A few pics of the tailpipe held in place by a cardboard box and a microfibre cloth lol... When its done it'll be sat a little bit further in than it does on these photos.

tp1.jpg

tp2.jpg

tp2.jpg

Most of my day today has been spent giving the car a good cleanup including a couple of coats of wax. Shines a treat now and is a bit better protected :)

reflect1.jpg

Excelent matey :) Will make you a brew when you come! Make it sometime before 21st July, or after 7th August :)

Hopefully it should be just before then, it depends when our company decides to pay the summer bonus

and its milk no sugar :D

:) It did take a lot of thinking, and a lot of nerves between ordering it and it actualy arriving thinking - Hmm is an inch either side of the tailpipe gona look right or is it gona leave too much of a gap...

Believe it or not Jetex use this exact tailpipe for one of their Mk4 Golf fitment exhaust systems recomending the 4motion rear valance for a perfect fit, And that's pretty much what imade the decision for me :)

Just gotta decide on what ito do about the rear section between the tailpipe and the axle pipe now.

Was looking at a couple of square twins, but couldn't quite shake the feeling of "Vauxhall" that they had with them... I originally wanted one either side (Similar to an R32) But the rear tow eye, and other things would cause problems, along with the posibility of it being one of those "Trying to make the car something it most definately isn't" modifications.

So far so good though - Will be a lot more movement on this project once I'm back from Greece :)

• 4 weeks later...

Latest update:

Finally decided on some tyres for the CH's :)

After having driven a couple of cars with them on, I decided to go for Falken FK452's which I landed for a very good price indeed Thanks to the guys at Wheel Base

I decided to go for a 215/40 18 rather than a 225 what with them being an 8.5" wide wheel with a fairly pokey offset of ET30, and here's how they look :)

tyre1.jpg

tyre2.jpg

tyre3.jpg

:) Can't wait to get these, the front ARB and the coilovers on! Its gona handle absolutely mint!

Edited by nfbr

Cars going to look good! i have been considering a bora, what is it like to drive?

Fantastic!

Way too much understeer on std tyres and suspension, But after fitting the Neuspeed rear ARB, It has no understeer at all now ! Infact if you push it, It can oversteer just a tad !

Nice, heard good things about the FK452's too. Ordered two sets last week in fact. :ninja:

Glad to see things progressing.

ÂŁ73 a tyre Fitted, Miles better than My-Rip-off-Tyres @ ÂŁ91 a tyre no fitting!

Holiday in less than two weeks, so in a months time they should be on the car with the other bits ;)