Audi TTS

bossjohnc

lots of competition in the £30-35k (plus extras) price range, don't think this would be top of my list, a year old cayman s or Z4m can be had for around £30k or new something like a 350z or 3lr Z4 coupe is probably more exciting to drive.

However - the TT would be undoubtedly cheaper to own. Think about the VED changes - the TTS sits at 183g/km iirc, which is pretty low for such a performer. Book mpg is also 35, although that's not going to be realistic if you sit with your foot to the floor.

The TTS comes with a surprising amount of additional equipment too - including xenons and magnetic ride.

buying that sort of car is £200 a year going to make much difference? Can buy a mint 10k mile Z4m coupe now for high 20s, much faster probably more fun and a nicer car and a fair bit cheaper than this TT will be. Not sure on the price but think they were predicting £34k or so plus a couple of grand for the nice seats and other bits you would want. Guess it will come down to how good the drive is, a new 135i coupe migth be an interesting comparison.

buying that sort of car is £200 a year going to make much difference? Can buy a mint 10k mile Z4m coupe now for high 20s, much faster probably more fun and a nicer car and a fair bit cheaper than this TT will be. Not sure on the price but think they were predicting £34k or so plus a couple of grand for the nice seats and other bits you would want. Guess it will come down to how good the drive is, a new 135i coupe migth be an interesting comparison.

34K if you want a hard top, 36K for soft. It comes with decent seats, tailored for the TTS (in leather/alcantara), has lots of extra leather in the cabin etc. Only extras I could think you might want are a CD changer/ipod/usb stick input, sat nav and motorised front seats / wing mirrors. Not all that important. As for the fun factor we'll just have to wait and see what they say about it.

Also - who's to say what's happened in the Z4m's first 10K? You can compare new with used, but you have to take the cons with the pros.

I think residuals on the TTS will also be top notch.

I doubt it - If I ever got a TTS it wouldn't be for all out performance. I don't want to be wincing every time I fill Gordon Brown's pockets... this car seems to be a bit of an exception from that point of view among the competition.

I doubt it - If I ever got a TTS it wouldn't be for all out performance. I don't want to be wincing every time I fill Gordon Brown's pockets... this car seems to be a bit of an exception from that point of view among the competition.

not that clean, 194 is still band J - 181-200 £260 / £270 + £425 (fyr)

elise/exige is better on performance, ecconomy and emissions with the non supercharged versions i'd guess. Build yourself a 650bhp ultima and only pay £210 :D

not that clean, 194 is still band J - 181-200 £260 / £270 + £425 (fyr)

elise/exige is better on performance, ecconomy and emissions with the non supercharged versions i'd guess. Build yourself a 650bhp ultima and only pay £210 :D

Agree on the Lotus front, but there's practicality and comfort to consider too.