can you use standard bolts from lupo sport alloys on golf steels?

Gemma

Just put one through the hole in the wheel and see if it sits properly, like the angle on the stud fits into the part on the wheel, some are tapered nuts some are flat. Should be ok...i think most vw wheels use tapered style.

Also make sure theres plenty of thread sticking through.

I have a feeling you will need steel wheel bolts - there was a thread on this and no-one was quite sure, but i think the final decision was that you need tapered heads for alloys, and rounded ones for steels. But then there are VW alloys....debate was do they use rounded bolts, so you don't need a spare 4 for the spare (which is a steel wheel remember)

Can't remember what the outcome was now....sorry, that doesn't really help you there!

Edited by lunalupi

I have a feeling you will need steel wheel bolts - there was a thread on this and no-one was quite sure, but i think the final decision was that you need tapered heads for alloys, and rounded ones for steels. But then there are VW alloys....debate was do they use rounded bolts, so you don't need a spare 4 for the spare (which is a steel wheel remember)

Can't remember what the outcome was now....sorry, that doesn't really help you there!

lol... thanks for trying tho!

Just dont want to look stupid by asking the tyre place to put the wheels on if they bolts i have are no good! lol