Old School Club Lupo

Tigz™

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fug me, even the old timers are coming out of the woodwork to post in this thread :P

Back in 2003 we were still hosted under my ModdedCars.com domain, I kicked that off in about 1998/1999. I bought a LupoGTi in 2001 which was when I started the forum up.....initially there was only me and BAax (Axel). Even he went off and bought a VX aswell :lol:.

It started as a forum for LupoGTi's, and went under www.lupogti.co.uk. I think it was based on Ikonboard then, as in the link by B_Hill. Then we moved to PhpBB, at which point we faffed around with "Lupo and Arosa forums". I can't remember the reasoning for dropping the Arosa's out of the title? Might have been because we couldn't think of a decent name.

I believe we had issues then - we swapped hosts, and moved to a paid-up forum software with IPB. Some data was lost, nothing important :P And now here we are. We've had a lot of pressure over the years to make it a 'proper' club, with membership and the like - personally I think its better off just being a community.

As for the Yellow Lupo, I think it was just a promo pic I snaffled.

Its actually quite interesting to do a search for some of the original members, I see Chris (Beer Monster) still pops in occasionally, last visit this month.

And does anyone remember "Fin" - silver Lupo GTi, first to fit 18's I think? He might not have posted since 2004, but he logged on 1st Feb 2008 :P

Must do a clear out actually, I think its safe to say anyone who hasn't visited since 2004 isn't going to come back...will free up some usernames for new registrars.

i can remember the northampton rolling road meet when there was about six cars there, fin being one of them and i think loopylupo. he got 146bhp on the rollers with just a bmc fitted!

can anyone remember when i posted a video of the xenon washers? - i found that from the old site ....im sure matt can, he got wet while doing the clip as i recall!

there was some cool stuff on back then!

:lol:

Another "old member" replies here.

I kind of agree with Tigz comment earlier on, in the early days the club felt a much closer knit group of people. We seemed to all know each other personally rather than just as a username.

I sold loads of stuff on here (most bought by Tigz may I add) and really only sold it as it was nearly all new and too good to just bin it...and if it would help another club member then that made me happy.

Some good memories

1. The rolling road day previously mentioned. Was at Jamsport, me and Twisty had not had our cars long. Fin's low-riding Gti on 17's made me real jealous and I soon copied his wheelchoice.

2. Meeting Fin at a cruise in Great Yarmouth to show off my Kahn's.....which were the same as his apart from the offset.

3. The BBQ at Sarah's house after Gti festival. Was this the same day TDW (Tim) crashed his Gti and bent the front suspension/steering?

4. Racing Twisty down the strip at Pod. My next run was against a dragster who spat a conrod right accross my lane in front of me...glad that did not come through my driver's side door then!

5. All the swapping bits with Tigz outside my (parents) house to the amusement of my parents.

6. Trax 2004 when my car had an inlet valve stick. Flames and bang aplenty...Snoop cured it with Vagcom wen we got there...only for the fault to occur later on the way home...free head work from VW to follow.

7. The whole process of fitting the throttle bodies...the best bit was the Saturday afternoon when the car fired up and sounded like nothing I have ever heard before as it echoes around the small unit we were working in.

8. Andi and Emma's wedding. Brilliant, brilliant day, evening and night.

And the worst moment ever...the day I sold the car. I can honestly say the Elise is no giving me as much enjoyment as the Lupo did...it is too much the same as all the others and I have had very little on my own input into it.

Edited to add point 8.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

[Flashback Mode] Aaaaah, the RWD V6 Lupo of Sheldons.... aaaah the Aberdeen_DJ showtunes thread... oh, the One Litre Wonder dominator boots thread [/Flashback Mode]

:lol:

That showtunes thread was *awesome*! :lol:

:lol: Sheldon was so gullable (sp?) I think we need to dig out these old threads to show the newbies some of the old classics lol

Speaking of which

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...mp;#entry480502

I remember that... I seem to remember someone claiming that laying the passenger seat down helped with the aerodynamics of the car and the centre of gravity or some similar utter bullsh*t :huh:

When I first joined, there was usually a thread containing an insult about or aimed at Zippy/Gargoil/Deej/Crusoe every day!