Arty Farty Pictures

L119 UPO

Cheers peeps, was pretty impressed myself :)

ryan, washed with megs nxt, megs #1 paint cleaner, megs quik detailer/clay, megs #2 polish, then megs nxt wax.

Megs tyre gel, autoglym wheel cleaner and soapy water used with the high tech wheel brush.

Interested in getting some other products but plenty of megs/Autoglym to use up first.

cool looks nice mate,but you should use the clay then the paint cleaner after mate.

the clay will remove any bonded contaminates from the paint work.

its best to wash car,clay,wash car again then dry.

hope you dont mind me giving you some tips :)

cool looks nice mate,but you should use the clay then the paint cleaner after mate.

the clay will remove any bonded contaminates from the paint work.

its best to wash car,clay,wash car again then dry.

hope you dont mind me giving you some tips :)

No you go ahead mate, im abit ruff around the edges with detailing it's the first proper go ive had at the car.

One thing that probably does make the finish that bit better is the softened water, so there are no hard contaminants left after washing/rinsing.

But like you say ill defo use the clay first next time., i suppose the claying can potentially leave swirl marks aswell, and the paint cleaner is supposed to get rid of those too.

Edited by L119 UPO

glad to help mate! also as the lube can cost a bit of cash a tip is,get some megs shampoo in a sprayer and use

the to lube the car up!

if you ever want to know anything about products ect just give me a pm and i will do my best to help you:)

No you go ahead mate, im abit ruff around the edges with detailing it's the first proper go ive had at the car.

One thing that probably does make the finish that bit better is the softened water, so there are no hard contaminants left after washing/rinsing.

But like you say ill defo use the clay first next time., i suppose the claying can potentially leave swirl marks aswell, and the paint cleaner is supposed to get rid of those too.

The paint cleaner won't remove swirls it just preps the paint for polish. Now you've clayed the car you shouldnt need to do it for another 6 months or so (depending on how much use the car gets/where ts parked etc) but next time you do a full detail, the basic process should be:

Wash, rinse, clay, wash, rinse, cleanser, polish, sealant then wax (or one or the other if you dont have both). The type of polish you use and whether or not you use a machine, will determine whether swirls are removed or not. Luckily you've got a silver car so swirls shouldn't be so much of an issue as you won't see them as much as say a black car.

Car looks nice and clean though mate! :shades:

The paint cleaner won't remove swirls it just preps the paint for polish.

Wash, rinse, clay, wash, rinse.

Cheers

One of the things it says on the bottle is that it removes swirls, but im a little unsure of this because surely you'd have to go at it like a complete madman without a machine :lol::wacko:

I have never washed/rinsed after claying before, I find I do get some small smears of clay here and there, but they buff off completely with a microfiber cloth and the bit of quick detailer still left on the paintwork. Im a little bit miffed because everyone says wash/rinse after clay, but i havn't found it to be a problem so far.