Car turns over but won't start??? - HELP!!

Help :confused:

My 1.4 16v(75) 99 v loop died on me today...

She turns over fine, everything seems to work but the following...

Turn the key and no dash lights or fuel guage movement? We - me and the green flag guy - checked all the fuses, bonnet and in car and we ain't got a clue???

She has an additional alarm, but that seems to be working fine?

Has anyone got any ideas? - she's been 100% until today :wacko:

Thanks Daz

VAGCom is the program that the dealers use to diagnose problems , some people have it on a laptop and could do it for you if you find somebody willing to do it

VAGCom is the program that the dealers use to diagnose problems , some people have it on a laptop and could do it for you if you find somebody willing to do it

Ah ha! - Just need to find someone in Corby! - cheers chap

I think the issue may my to do with one of the relays...

fuel pump could be away , the engine would turn over from the starter but if no fuel is getting to it then it wouldnt start . or it could be that as somebody has said that the imobiliser chip could be away

as brid says, allthough i aint heard of the ignition switch problem in years, it used to be common in mk2's and mk 1's

it is feasable though.

as brid says, allthough i aint heard of the ignition switch problem in years, it used to be common in mk2's and mk 1's

it is feasable though.

No the fuel pump doesn't prime, no lights or movement on the dash and horn doesn't work?? - HOWEVER the heated rear screen works and the lights main and full beam work when you switch to the first position??

Does anyone know how to get at the Relays? - someone has mentioned that one of the replays controls a lot of ignition related fuses/functions???

Thanks for the help so for guys!

Daz

fuel pump could be away , the engine would turn over from the starter but if no fuel is getting to it then it wouldnt start . or it could be that as somebody has said that the imobiliser chip could be away

I've heard the pump when the green flag chap was checking the fuses so I think thats OK - I've tried both my keys in case it was the chip but it's the same -- it's as if I've just lost the ignition related circuits?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram???

Thanks OLW

could be a long shot but if you remove the undertray drivers side dash you will see the fuse box behind this is the relays,

but i'm wondring if the transponder has a fault not the key but the reciever.

remove the steering coloum plastics look at the ignition housing there will be a small black wire with a black plastic bit on the end(next to the barrel end) this is the recieving end of transponder the cable run's back to a unit, on mine this is abovethe fuse box and has 2 connectors.

i'd start here.

Thanks for all help guys - appreciated! :)

I've now finally traced the fault to the electrical side of the ignition barrel / switch - anyone got any ideas what the part number would be for this?

She's a '99 1.4s V plate

We've hot wired the circuit to bypass where we thought the fault was and she starts first time every time, so I just need the new switch??

Any one know where I can get the part numbers from??

Thanks again you loverly people! :thumbup:

Daz

No dash lights or fuel gauge movement makes me think ignition switch is faulty. When you turn ignition on can you hear the fuel pump prime? If so then then the only thing preventing the car starting is NO SPARK.

Thanks for this dude - I have a problem with the switch! Since you said I've come across this happening to Loops more often!

Possible fuel pump problem. My husband had a Ford Focus until 6 mths ago. It did exactly the same thing. The pump inside the fuel tank had to be replaced.

Help :confused:

My 1.4 16v(75) 99 v loop died on me today...

She turns over fine, everything seems to work but the following...

Turn the key and no dash lights or fuel guage movement? We - me and the green flag guy - checked all the fuses, bonnet and in car and we ain't got a clue???

She has an additional alarm, but that seems to be working fine?

Has anyone got any ideas? - she's been 100% until today :wacko:

Thanks Daz