1.0 turbo?

chie

im finding that hard to believe thats an accurate reading. Has anyone got the gearing figures of a 1.0 lupo?

its possible... especially if 127mph from a standard 1.1 saxo

and 116mph with the car full!!!!!(asin 5 people)

I've had mine showing 106mph (on the speedometer though, which will be abit out) - it was on a German Autobahn, downhill with a following wind, two passengers and a load of luggage :lol:

We were doing 6200rpm for those who are interested - it was not sustained, I slowed down afterwards to a more reasonable speed

Edited by lunalupi

its possible... especially if 127mph from a standard 1.1 saxo

and 116mph with the car full!!!!!(asin 5 people)

ROFL. I smell the crap of a bull.

I've seen 103mph on my Road Angel, downhill.

Can't imagine it going much quicker it was almost hitting the rev limiter. Speedo was reading about 110-115mph.

Can't imagine it going much quicker it was almost hitting the rev limiter. Speedo was reading about 110-115mph.

which bit you think is bull crap?

and if you've only seen 103... you need to stop being a puff :P:lol: oj ;)

127mph Saxo 1.1

127mph would be hard in a VTR, even in a VTS it would take a long stretch of road.

Back on topic methinks....

are you taking the piss?

hard in a vtr and a vts?

thats just plain "bull crap"

127mph Saxo 1.1

127mph would be hard in a VTR, even in a VTS it would take a long stretch of road.

you sound like you "think" you know cars...

127mph does sound stupid in a 1.1 i agree but the speedo was definetly reading 115mph with 5 in the car...

however a saxo vtr and vts struggling to do 127? meh... i don't think so...

the 1.4 furio does around 123-4mph....

but back to the 1.0 turbo...

i think a supercharger would be more appealing in a 1.0 imo...

Read this bit again Daz.

Speedo's aren't acurate, especially getting towards the end of their range.

thats ****, if a speedo isn't accurate, how can they present people with speed cameras?

and speeding fines? you think if speedos weren't accurate they be-able to "do you" for speeding etc?

No they wouldn't! because it would be the manufacturers problems... therefore not yours,

because "you believed your speedo was telling you 30mph, when your doing 40?" Naa... ain't gonna happen

But they charge people for speeding, so therefore they must see that speedos are as accurate as they can be....

so therefore speedos cannot be "un accurate" otherwise why would they use these sort of things?

i believe some older speedos may be "in accurate" to a certain degree maybe 2 or 3 mph, but 10? or more?

i don't think so....

They all under-read Daz - its built in so that if the speedo does go out of calibration, it won't over-read and hance get you in trouble with the law for speeding ;)

Police cars have to be regularly calibrated so that when they are following people they get a true reading - how many road cars have theirs calibrated every day/week? None - so the manufacturers build in an error margin which means it always reads low from the factory

Edited by lunalupi

They all under-read Daz - its built in so that if the speedo does go out of calibration, it won't over-read and hance get you in trouble with the law for speeding ;)

Police cars have to be regularly calibrated so that when they are following people they get a true reading - how many road cars have theirs calibrated every day/week? None - so the manufacturers build in an error margin which means it always reads low from the factory

hmm... there not that defective though... now it sounds like they lose a mph a day/week?

never mind... not in mood for an argument about what a chavvy cars speedo read :):coffee:

127mph Saxo 1.1

Aparently a standard TDi can do 125 on the clocks. So i imagine a VTR would do it.

I say aparently as ive never tried its just something ive seen on here.

In my 1.0 70 MPH is just a fraction below 4Krpm on the rev counter, which works out about 74/5 on the clocks. Acording to the satnav.

They get less accurate the faster you go though.

Edited by cardaft

A 6psi boost to the standard 1 litre engine would push it to a reasonable power level, i worked out somewhere in the region of 80/90 bhp.

I was considering running the 1 litre normally aspirated race engine i have instead of the bike engine at one point but after seeing 119bhp but no torque i decided to leave it alone and got a proper engine. It is possible to get just over 140bhp from a turbo'd 1 litre AUC engine but it wont last too long and it does have to be fitted with new ECU and ITB's.

I have to add that I'm with noddy on this one, Golf tdi motor and a turbo systems hybrid turbo, few trips to superchips and 280 bhp+, with more torque than it takes to rip the loop apart!!