I want a BMW!!

SARAHGTI

I really want to sell the Lupo and get myself a BMW 3 series. I'll probably go for a diesel as i do quite a lot of miles.

I dont really want to spend more than 10k so anyone got any advice on which engine is best, insurance group (i'm 23 with 3 points), mpg and reliability etc.

Any ideas how much to put the lupo up at, GTi, 52 plate, 70k, full service, really good cond'.

Cheers guys

Get the 320d or the 330d. 330d has more toys generally but look at getting the M Sport versions as they look better!

They are good for mainly motorway driving and not so good for town driving.

I would go for a 320d, i don't think you would get a great condition 330d for around 10k. An M Sport version would be a good buy aswell as you get the nice 18's and a nice bodykit, plus all the little bits of "M" trim, like the steering wheel, gearknob, door sills, gloss black door pillars etc.

lol, did look at a 330d for a bit but you pay a lot over the odds compared to loads of really nice 330ci petrol versions out there so you would need to be keeping it for a long time and doing a huge mileage before the additional cost of the diesel would be worth it. 320d is quite efficient maybe 45-50mpg but it’s quite a big car compared to the lupo and fairly expensive once out of their warranty period though some still might have some of the 5 year tlc package left. You want a miniumum of SE spec to get climate control and a few more toys and expect to see a automatic on most of the larger engined models.

The 2.5 petrol is a great engine and should still return 30mpg on a longer run, much more fun than a more expensive diesel and put the grand or two saving towards a few years worth of fuel. Servicing on the petrol is probably lower too so worth adding into the equation. something like this probably group 16 or so insurance so a few hundred a year more than your lupo (usually £50 extra a group on average)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/245441.htm

If it was me i'd go for a 3lr petrol but you would be getting mid 20s mpg and group 18 insurance i think.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/294413.htm

A grand or two more to get a 3lr diesel with the same sort of milage. Metal trim and black leather add quite a bit over the wood and cloth interiors, another £500 or so extra if you want the tv and satnav package too.

Wear a hat and sun glasses.

pmsl

and get used to thinking you own the fast lane

and also get used to hand gestures from other motorists :lol:

pmsl

and get used to thinking you own the fast lane

and also get used to hand gestures from other motorists :lol:

And turn it into a game; see if you can recognise all the 4 letter words people are mouthing at you. :lol: