Newbie here!

dazraz_uk

Hello all, im going to be the proud owner of a 51 plate (2002) reflex Silver GTi as of a week on friday!

Ill be handing over the Keys to my EG Civic ESi and hoping that my new pocket rocket is a s much fun as my civic.

QUOTE(EssexLoop)
Welcome mate... you will have lots of fun gauranteed, what spec gti u gone for?

They come in more than one spec? or do you mean which extras does it have? its an ex demo car so it had everything in it like A/C, CD plyer and Tape unit for some reason, the only thing it was missing was the leather so i thought i might as well get the extra!

QUOTE(Tigz)
Welcome.

Got any plans for her?

well first of all ill probably get the windows tinted and change the wheels for some OZ super T's or something, then after that i might give my bank balance a rest!

so you have leather now?

there seem to be a few lupo people on here from manchester... theres a thread on this very forum from today i think ... ah just checked for it and you seen it already biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Congrats on the purchase, you'll love it.

Would like to see pics of the job they do on the re trim, I wanted leather but couldn't justify the cost, so a re trim might be a nice idea if I could find a company that will do a smart job. Of course you don't get the bum toasters, but I've never missed not having them on a car as yet.

QUOTE(dazraz_uk)
its a six speed, does that actually make much difference apart from economy wise obviously?

Makes no difference economy wise - but I've heard it's much more fun and involving - wouldn't know 'cos I've never tried a 5.

You can get bum toasters on cloth for a few hundred quid as an option on a new GTi - dunno if you can retro fit yourself - anyone ever asked??

i asked to have the heaters retro fitted but they cant do it apparantly but i dont particularly mind not having them as ive never had them in the past!

My retrim is costing me £1300 but i managed to get that value for my old car in part ex as at first they only wanted to give me £700 for it!

Welcome to the club mate.

Heated seats arent all that great anyway- always puts that doubt in your mind as to whether you pissed yourself or not!

QUOTE(EssexLoop)
so vw are doing a aftermarket trim or have i mis understood

No you've got it spot on there mate VW are sending it off for an aftermarket trim at my request as they wouldnt fit a new leather interior to a used vehicle

QUOTE(loudlupo)
Welcome to the club mate.

Heated seats arent all that great anyway- always puts that doubt in your mind as to whether you pissed yourself or not!

cheers matey

hahah ill bear that in mind!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> i know exactly what you mean tho i never liked the feeling of them when in my mates corrado vr6