Philplop's Triumph Speed Four

Philplop

Just to clarify, I wasn't actually thrashing it when I came off, I was in town. I'm not a total plank.

:)

did anyone see you??

when i was 16 and had my little sr50 aprillia scooter i fell off on the train station car park in shrewsbury @ half 8 in the morning!!

alot of people saw me! i felt very silly!! and a bit sore :lol:

glad your ok thou mate. the bike looks sweet btw :shades:

A few people I think. Felt particularly stupid as I'd just filtered to the front of the traffic. Luckily the road was empty (apart from the people behind), or my bike would have probably hit an oncoming car.

Wonder if there's any CCTV, might have been quite an impressive spill. :coffee: Although it probably wasn't, I'll just keep imagining that i went flying 20 feet into the air.

A few people I think. Felt particularly stupid as I'd just filtered to the front of the traffic. Luckily the road was empty (apart from the people behind), or my bike would have probably hit an oncoming car.

Wonder if there's any CCTV, might have been quite an impressive spill. :coffee: Although it probably wasn't, I'll just keep imagining that i went flying 20 feet into the air.

haha!! id just filtered through the traffic when i did mine :lol:

think id hit a mirror on a builders van whilst filtering :lol:

DSC00075.jpg

[/quote

Nice bike you got there mate :shades: . Sorry to here about your accident bud i broke my collar bone a few years ago when i had my first ''proper'' accident and its not a good start to biking but you have to just do what you did as a kid get back on as soon as you can and just learn from your mistakes ( i know i've made plenty) :lol:

GET WELL SOON

GARTH

i am a fair weather biker. much rather ride in the nice weather than get cold and wet.

when i had my r1 i highsided from an almost standstill on cold tyres. whacked it open in first gear and the rear wheel spun up and the bike went sideways, then gripped, then chucked me off in the opposite direction.

that was on a main road and was an ambulance job.

whacked it open in first gear and the rear wheel spun up and the bike went sideways, then gripped, then chucked me off in the opposite direction.

I shouldn't laugh, but got a funny image in my head :lol:

Edited by matt a

• 7 months later...

Cheers.

I'll have to get some proper pictures taken of it, haven't been on it much actually.

Collarbone's started making funny noises. :wacko:

They do look nice, but not as nice as a Triple 1050. :wub:

It's canny quick.

97bhp.

170kg.

570bhp/tonne.

0-60 in 3.5 seconds.

Top Speed about 135mph.

Apparantly one of the best handling bikes about.

Edited by Philplop

• 9 months later...

Ermmm, £3400 I think.

Oh, and my collarbone's been making big 'pop' noises the last few days! Been ok for yonks too!

Lesson to be learned: If you ever break your collarbone and they say "we'll just leave it to heal naturally, and if it doesn't heal properly we'll break it again and nail it in place", say "No thanks chap, nail it now please."

Edited by Philplop

• 2 months later...
Ermmm, £3400 I think.

Oh, and my collarbone's been making big 'pop' noises the last few days! Been ok for yonks too!

Lesson to be learned: If you ever break your collarbone and they say "we'll just leave it to heal naturally, and if it doesn't heal properly we'll break it again and nail it in place", say "No thanks chap, nail it now please."

ano what you mean about breaking collar bones phil! iv broke mine twice in the same place, very painful the second time.. kinda my own fault in that i was told stop playing ice hockey after the first time, i was back on the ice in 2 weeks of it happening! thoguht ad be sensible when it broke the 2nd time and wait till id been discharged for fracture clinic, but went straight to the rink after that! was told i should never play sport again like!

• 2 weeks later...
I once saw a collarbone that had been broken.

Hope this helps.

Lmao^^^

Mate broke is playin football a few years back, looks nasty business :(