need some sensible peoples help :)

D_eano

indeed it will be worth it :) and theyd look cool as a package mine n yours showed next to eachother :P

erm im hoping to be 19 so two years no claims with pass plus should hopefully make my insurance similar if not cheaper thanwhat im paying now :)

the smile would be immense... my induction kit made me smile for 2 weeks or so and still does often :P

g60 sounds a nice plan aswell to be fair

and im not being rude to the gti boyos but i just think for the style of car i like a non gti is more ideal as its a bit smoother :)

Why stick with the 1.8T? For the same work, you could stick in any 4 cylinder. EVO, Honda, Ford... All have a wealth of tuning parts available. Keeping it DUB is sooooo tedious.

I would have said 1.8T in a gti shell would be mint, especially if you could have it at about 200-220bhp (as in the TT).

Thinking about it though, a screaming 2litre honda vtec + light gti shell = niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Secondly, if I wasw you i'd buy the cheapest gti possible THEN strip it (to a certain extent!) put a 1.8t engine in, limit the power to 200 odd bhp, uprate suspension / brakes etc

to be honest theres no point in stripping it out , i was talking to bagder bill about his wifes 1.8T loop and its still got the full interior in it as that extra wee bit of weight helps to keep the power down :lol:

Yeah she runs everything as it is bar engine. Dont know what surspension its on but it isnt that low. Still running 256mm brakes too

She is not running 256 brakes, have you bothered looking at the thread or even thinking about why it's got the wheels it has?? There's a lot of custom stuff on that car, it's no where near standard.

She is not running 256 brakes, have you bothered looking at the thread or even thinking about why it's got the wheels it has?? There's a lot of custom stuff on that car, it's no where near standard.

IT IS running 256mm setup last time i saw it!!!!! Bill actualy said this was a pretty good setup and he prefered it on the road as could run the wheels its on. Interior looks pretty standard. along with bodywork

Edited by Bikerz

Sheldon stop being a f uckwit, look at this thread

And your do well to rember he changes bits on this car oftern. Ive seen it with 3 sets on different wheels on it for a start. This post is it in track form :rolleyes:

ive got a 1.8t lupo and simply in 1 word = SICK. its 280 bhp euro style 1.4 shell and u cant stop smilin when u have jus beaten a 400bhp evo or skyline and there wonderin wot the feck has just happened lol. it turns so many heads aswel. its gonna cost more than 1500 to be honest u need a dif a good suspension setup adjustable coilovers and u wil need it cambered all properly. leave the interior in u need the weight ova whilst u aint gonna get the power down. and u wil go thru drives hafts i do 100 miles to 35£ of petrol but its well worth it. u wil need a better brake setup aswel ive got g60 rota's on mine they stop me well enough from 175 lol. get a better turbo aswel if ur gonna do it do it properly

have fun

My tank only holds 28 quid max so wheres this 35 pounds come from???.. 100 miles from a tank is pretty poor imo. Id love to stick a more powerful engine in my gti but at the mo its cost.

@s3-1upo: Whys it eating driveshafts as well???

well it takes 35£ jus afta the red light cums on so dunno wots goin on there. n thats 35 normal drivin if i boot it for 2 mins thats near on a 5a gone its all good fun tho.

dunno should b orites i got graphite drive shafts now.

how much is your insurance mate? o n whats your age n no claims like? :)cheers
i got a quote from HIC and with my details , i would be £1200ish for an arosa 1.8T with all mods declaired
i was 20 in april 1 years ncb and it was 750£
you sure thats with declairing the enigine mods etc ? cause with a price like that it has to be TPFT

and is the conversion declared? pm me if you want to keep it private :)

well the conversions showing on the DVLA website

The vehicle details for *removed*

Edited to remove cars details - MattyB

• 3 weeks later...
Meh, you live once, you might only build one awesome car in your life. Do it while your young and you don't have a mortgage/wife/kids and you have no worries. 1.8T imo.

Definately do it while you can, I bought a mk1 Golf 5 years ago just after my son was born, and so far I've only finished the bodywork and had it sprayed, I still need to rebuild the 1.8T, loom it complete for the 1.8T and a Rado interior/dash and put it all back together.

Had a thought the other day, and please tell me if i'm wrong/mad/both, but has anyone tried the 2.3 V5 engine out of the golf? Was a really nice drive in that car, and if it fits would i'm sure be an absolute cracker in the lighter lupo.....

Funny enough I had that thought today while I was bored at college!