MIGRAINES

willcrook

Not posted a topic for awhile, so thought I would!

Does anyone else get Migraines?

I'd never had one till a few weeks ago and now I get them regularly at work and I feel dizzy alot etc

Its sooo unfairrrrrrrrr

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Sit down, with me and share your stories about headaches / migraines biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Do you use Computers much?

I get quite a few headaches, generally there down to me starring at the screen all day. I now have a handy stash of pills in the drawer just in case.

It is a nightmare though, mine are generally them annoying ones that sit just behind your eyes, only way to get rid of them is sit in the dark sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Don't get them often, but when I do I usually get them bad and am bedded for the night. Also get really nauseous. The other half's sister used to get them alot and quite often passed out.

You said you are getting them at work - do you work at a computer all day? Possibly eye strain - have you had your eyes tested lately? That helped sort out headaches for me.

Not much help really, but I sympathise. Hope they go soon!

I'd never had one till a few weeks ago and now I get them regularly at work and I feel dizzy alot etc

Its sooo unfairrrrrrrrr

Sit down, with me and share your stories about headaches / migraines

Dude i can totally feel your pain. Ive suffered with them so badly from day one and i know how much they hurt. Its hereditory (sp) too so i blame the parents!

There is quite litterally no cure, lying down in a dark room does help - so long as you dont move or think or even attempt to get up again tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Ive been in and out of hospital loads with them, back in the school days i had one so bad i went temporarily blind. Had so many brain scans, referred to a Neurologist and blood tests and at one point they even questioned pressure on the brain which scared the crap outa me...

Ive sort of learnt to deal with them tbh, tablets dont really work but (not endorsing or anything) Migraleve is the best ive found so far. (Take the flourescent yellow one when you 1st start getting a headache, then if it contunues to a full blow migrane take the badboi PINK ones. They will pretty much knock you out tho so maybe dont take them at work smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> )

Hope you feel better soon m'love smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah I work on computers for a large portion of the day!

The first one I had was crazy, I was absolutely goosed - had to be driven home !

It's like i'm tripping or something alot of the time , I look at my arms and they dont look like there actually mine etc

Madness

I've got into the habit of closing my eyes whenever possible or going to the toilets just to close my eyes for a few mins

Hopefully its just a short term thing , but its been happening daily for like 2 weeks!

Tehe

Go to the Dr's and opticians just to rule out anything serious mate.. you should also take a 15min break every half hour if using computers all day as your main work, H&S and all that.

I started getting migraines a lot in school, I got my eyes tested and found out that I needed glasses for distance. I don't need to wear glasses all the time but when I have them on it stops my eyes from having to strain.

Definitely get your eyes tested, I hardly ever get migraines now, and wearing glasses is a lot better than getting regular migraines!!

I get them too, usually behind my left eye. I either wake up with one (that's the day knackered) or develop one during the day. Feeling sick and the runs seem to go hand-in-hand with mine. Dark rooms and a dollop of pills does the trick for me.

Its sooo unfairrrrrrrrr

same thing (recurrent migraines and dizziness) happened to my mum and it turned out to be a brain tumour sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> - id get yourself checked out at the Dr's just to be sure, especially if it all started recently out of nowhere.....

i had a splitting headache on saturday night right between the eyes and still went out clubbing.....hardcore? i reckon so.....

I get them occasionally, its just one of those things really, it usually effects my vision first then i get a really bad headache.

im on pc all day in work but ive never had a migrane

on ov the lucky 1s!

A seat lupo hey !!!!!!!! huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

You should be proud to drive an Arosa biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

used to get big problems with migranes at college, especially going from light into a dark evironment.

used to lose my vision, feel terribly sick, and get back aches... luckily i've not had one anywhere near that bad for a very long while.