Retrofit aero wipers info!! EASY 2 min job!!

paul.ekc

I know you can get em already but I just got a letter from VW Parts club containing the part numbers for most models!!

Thought it may help someone get the GENUINE article rather than some cheap aftermarket ones!!

Polo hatch 95>02 6N2 998 002

Lupo 99>05 1J2 998 002

Golf Mk3 92>98 1J2 998 002

Golf Mk4 98>03 1J2 998 002

Vento 92>98 1J2 998 002

Bora 99>03 1J2 998 002

Passat 97>02 3B2 998 002

These are ORIGINAL VAG blades that fit onto your ORIGINAL arms!! Easy 2 minute job!!: Around £25 for the Lupo!! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Nah not yet but THEY'RE VAG!! NOT cheap aftermarket ones so they should be the dogs danglies!! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Ive got aftermarket ones.

They are quite good but take some adjusting at first so they meet the screen properly.

Although something is seriously up with my front screen, the wipers go up the screen fine but the other way they judder like mad and its driving me mad! mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Ive got aftermarket ones.

They are quite good but take some adjusting at first so they meet the screen properly.

Although something is seriously up with my front screen, the wipers go up the screen fine but the other way they judder like mad and its driving me mad!

Yep same. Tried to good ol' vinegar and newspaper trick too that did sod all. I got some halfrauds own brand rain-x and slapped that on the windscreen and my wipers have been fine ever sinse smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Might be worth a try it and see if it helps?

Yep same. Tried to good ol' vinegar and newspaper trick too that did sod all. I got some halfrauds own brand rain-x and slapped that on the windscreen and my wipers have been fine ever sinse smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> . Might be worth a try it and see if it helps?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ive done exactly the same thing, tried autoglym car glass polish, that just made it worse.

Then tried vinegar and news paper, that made it slightly better.

Then put some rain-x on, and that worked in the way it should, so the water just runs off, but the wipers are much much worse. But i think the rain-x was about 30 years old, just found it in the garage laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> So that might be the problem.

So now the rain-x has nearly worn off, and the wipers are juddering so badly i think its going to break the motor.

But the funny thing is i also did exactly the same to the rear window and that wiper if perfect, so i dont know whats going on!

SO thanks for that, ill give the halfords stuff a try smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I got some vag ones, they are very good. Never tried after market. They are a million times better that standard wipers, and look nice too thumbup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbup:" border="0" alt="thumbup.gif" />

Nice one for posting this mate, I could do with another set.

Anf.

do you get these from vw dealers at £25 i thought they were about £80ish? do these also have a aero rear wiper?

£22.89 for the aero rear wiper (12.62 for the arm, 4.78 for the blade and 1.57 for the cap, then add vat)

And i think it was about 90 quid for the arms and blades for the front, from a dealer

All the part numbers you need are on here

£22.89 for the aero rear wiper (12.62 for the arm, 4.78 for the blade and 1.57 for the cap, then add vat)

And i think it was about 90 quid for the arms and blades for the front, from a dealer

All the part numbers you need are on here

These wipers avoid ALL the messing about!! THEY FIT ON YOUR ORIGINAL ARMS!! shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

CAN I MAKE IT ANY CLEARER?? rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

CAN I MAKE IT ANY CLEARER??

Nah, i guess you need to spell it out in words of one sylablle or less for me wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Brain was obviously mush when i posted that. I'm guessing the part nos you've given are for fronts only, hence why i gave the details for the rear. I was thinking that s3boy was probably referring to the arms and blades together for the 80 quid, hence the clarification on that. Too late for me anyhew, but should save some folks a bundle of dosh smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nice call.