tax disc

jono's_GTI

I can't see why there would be any problem as long as its displayed on the front windscreen.

I had mine at the top in the centre for months and never had any hassle. Got pulled over and obviously they check your tax when they pull you and nout was said of it then so I can only assume there is no problem with having anywhere. Obviously if its blocking your vision then there will be a problem but if you think about it sensibly you should be able to put it somewhere thats not illegal and not obstructing your vision.

I was looking at this on the web today and the DVLA (i think) website states (though I can't find it now) that the tax disc must be displayed on left hand side of the windscreen of cars.

If I find it again I'll post.

Ray

When and where to display the disc

A vehicle tax disc shows the registration number and the date up to which you have paid vehicle tax. It comes into force on the day it is issued. But, if you apply for a tax disc in advance, it comes into force on the first day of the following month and you should not display it on your vehicle until then. You must display this disc on the left-hand side of the vehicle's windscreen. If the vehicle does not have a windscreen fitted, you will need to display the disc on the passenger side. For motorcycles, the tax disc should be displayed on the near-side of the bike. If a side car is fitted to the motorcycle, then the tax disc must be displayed on the near-side of the handlebars or on the near-side of the side car.

Taken from: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...ses/DG_10030643

Probably more likely to get reported by a jobsworth traffic warden for not displaying correctly rather than a bobby!

Ray

cheers guys, still a bit undecided of where to put it, we'll see how it goes up the top for now, COMMENTS MUCH APPRECIATED

I have always haated having mine in the bottom left, so wear it top left.

here...

IMG_0486_500.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

and here...

HPIM2254x500.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Guy at work puit his car in for an MOT and was told by the garage that to pass his car that they had to move a sticker from his windscreen 'cause it was in his wiper sweep area. If you look at most peoples tax discs they are also within the sweep! MOT failure?!?!?

I think they make it up as they go along!

Ray

Ive heard before its ment to be in the bottom left so that the police can easilly check your tax from the kerb if they do pull you over, but im sure this is just one of many possible reasons and dont really see why it cant be put else where.

The guidelines say left - if you take that literally, there are two halves to a windscreen - the left and the right. Therefore if you put it under your rear view mirror, make sure it's to the left as this is still the left side of the windscreen.

That's the excuse I've heard in the past anyway.

...but the guidelines don't say to the left when looking at the car from inside or outside!

Go figure! huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I have always had mine in the top left and never had a problem with it from anyone smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

...but the guidelines don't say to the left when looking at the car from inside or outside!

Go figure! huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

LOL good point.

As long as it's a neat holder and not some mahoosive garage effort then IMO it looks fine in the bottom left.

Tbh, I don't see why there would be a problem. Aslong as its displayed on the front windscreen it can't be that hard to find, you know what I mean?

Would have to be a really petty officer who pulls you for your tax disc being in the wrong place.

Tbh, I don't see why there would be a problem. Aslong as its displayed on the front windscreen it can't be that hard to find, you know what I mean?

Would have to be a really petty officer who pulls you for your tax disc being in the wrong place.

i was pulled over in my toyota starlet driving days because the officer and his accocompanying dog couldnt see the tax disc as it was up behind my rear view mirror. that was his reason for pulling me over, but when i asked whether i should move it, he told me to leave it confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

i put it back to the bottom left just to save further aggravation though, as the lovely officer took 1 hour and 37 minutes to do a check on the car, my two friends and i.