Metal

deathhead

mcfly are cool and green day are legendary.

you dont listen to bands after they get massive record deals and become mainstream then??

you sound a bit gay.

do you even give other music styles a chance?? my itunes is full to the brim with pop, rock, punk, pop-punk, hip-hop, r n b, metal, ambient rock, indie and everything!!

if u only listen to one style of music you live a sheltered life, try a bit of variety!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to pretty much nothing apart from Guns N Roses when I was 11/12, then The Offspring gave me some faith in modern music. Then got into Green Day, Blink 182 and the likes for a bit, but now I skip all the pop-punk stuff when it comes on in the car. Just doesn't do anything for me anymore.

Mr Bungle have ruined music for me, everything else just seems so boring most of the time. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I like to think that I have a pretty eclectic taste in music though.

you dont listen to bands after they get massive record deals and become mainstream then??

( so whats you problem, i think thats my choice and not yours, )

you sound a bit gay.

( im not,, but so What if i was )

do you even give other music styles a chance?? my itunes is full to the brim with pop, rock, punk, pop-punk, hip-hop, r n b, metal, ambient rock, indie and everything!!

( and so how do you know what my music tastes are, i listen to tons of none metal music and play none metal music myself )

if u only listen to one style of music you live a sheltered life, try a bit of variety!

( i think im entitled to listen to what i want as is everyone else, and live a sheltered life if i so wish, but you know nothing about my life so keep your ignorant opinion to yourself )

Edited by deathhead

i think im entitled to my opinion as is everyone else.

i just think its silly, 'oh crap, sony have signed up *** so i can't listen to them any more!'

why should the label affect wether or not you listen to them?? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

i know what your music tastes are because thats what this thread is about, and all ive heard you mention is death metal and discarded anything else.

and i didnt mean homosexual, im just using the word gay a lot, in the urban context it seems to have acquired recently. lol

i think im entitled to my opinion as is everyone else.

i just think its silly, 'oh crap, sony have signed up *** so i can't listen to them any more!'

( not true, if they stay true to their music then i dont give a crap what label they are signed to, but alot of the time when a band signs to a major label, then they change their music to appeal to a wider audience therefore alienating their hardcore fans. some will follow, most will not. If they keep their underground sound then good, if they water it down to appeal to a wide audience, Whats the motive to appeal to a wider audience, money, therefore its a sellout. your selling out on your hardcore fans who made you what you are. A true metal band will never be in the business for the money and will not water down their sound to sell more records. You hear of more pop bands who dont even like the music they make, they just do it for the money, they arent true musicians, they just want your money.)

why should the label affect wether or not you listen to them??

(It doesnt, its the reason they do it that affects it)

i know what your music tastes are because thats what this thread is about, and all ive heard you mention is death metal and discarded anything else.

( If i like something ill say i like it, its a metal thread so i wanna talk about metal, not some pop crap )

and i didnt mean homosexual, im just using the word gay a lot, in the urban context it seems to have acquired recently. lol

there you go again.

and your point is...

i dont see what your big deal is with me not liking popular music,, some of it is ok, most of it is crap.

Ive listened to metal from 9 years old, for 17 years that is, so why should i change and like pop music because you seem to have some major problem with me not liking pop music. I. There is some popular music i like, but not very much and if its mentioned on here ill say i like it.

i also like classical music, some trance and traditional folk music from various countries,,

i like kraftwerk, the beastie boys, depeche mode to name a few more POPular bands i listen to, and some others but not alot.

and your point is...

i dont see what your big deal is with me not liking popular music,, some of it is ok, most of it is crap.

Ive listened to metal from 9 years old, for 17 years that is, so why should i change and like pop music because you seem to have some major problem with me not liking pop music. I. There is some popular music i like, but not very much and if its mentioned on here ill say i like it.

i also like classical music, some trance and traditional folk music from various countries,,

i like kraftwerk, the beastie boys, depeche mode to name a few more POPular bands i listen to, and some others but not alot. metal is my no1 love in music and always will be.

i dont have a problem, you just seemed very narrow minded musically.

but you have now elaborated and thats cool, im liking some of your other tastes.

its just strange to me how 'death metal' turns you on, when almost everything about it is pretty depressing...

but like i say its cool now you've explained.

no probs man, glad we finally understand eachother,

forgot to mention im also a massive fan of pipe bands, amazing

Edited by deathhead