So here she is..

Bubbles

Well.. shes come along way in the 3 weeks we've had her... weve now got rid of all the little niggles and faults - just the bodywork to get sorted now and shes perfect STA70683.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70684.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70690.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

£350 later... she was all fixed.. the offending part:

STA70691.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> DSCF0651.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF0652.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF0655.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF0656.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF0658.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

DSCF0675.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

The beast resting in the background (after 4 hours of being cleaned) ready for a car show next weekend:

DSCF0661.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And today.... thanks to my nutty lupo neighbour (Thanks Daz!!!) my wiper is fixed DSCF0672.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Yey biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> sorry for the million pics!

Your welcome rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I didnt think i was that nutty but a few people have said it so it must be true. The Arouser is looking very clean, a really good looking car. Nice to finally meet you both too.

Daz

Edited by 1 Litre Screamer

w00t!!! another plat grey joins the flock biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> cars looking clean mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

w00t!!! another plat grey joins the flock biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Looks like they're breeding! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i know at one point it was just me on here laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> then it was me and Ty's wee brother and then you joined and arosa Si , and now our good friend Mr/Miss bubbles has joined us biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Looks very nice, nice clean little arosa

That colour really suits the arosas shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Good to see you have your wiper working too, just as the weather looks to be clearing up laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i know at one point it was just me on here laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> then it was me and Ty's wee brother and then you joined and arosa Si , and now our good friend Mr/Miss bubbles has joined us biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

miss bubbles wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

until mr bubbles asks me hehe

Looks very nice, nice clean little arosa

That colour really suits the arosas shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Good to see you have your wiper working too, just as the weather looks to be clearing up laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

glad you approve... it's your prompting us that has got us to finally pull our fingers out and get it looking clean and then take some pictures.

there's a few bodywork bits which we might tidy up.... but we'll see. it's taking the miles well so far, defo needs a polish if nothing else though!

glad you approve... it's your prompting us that has got us to finally pull our fingers out and get it looking clean and then take some pictures.

there's a few bodywork bits which we might tidy up.... but we'll see. it's taking the miles well so far, defo needs a polish if nothing else though!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Good to see its serving you well.

Mine had a few bad body work bits when i got it too, suppose it what happens to small cars whch are often in car parks etc.

It does look very nice though, looks in better condition than mine was when i got it.

I spent all day polishing ans waxing mine yesterday, its better than any mirror now laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Looking good. I would love to take my dash out to and make it so it would stop rattling :@

Arosa rule! Only in arctic grey though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Looking good. I would love to take my dash out to and make it so it would stop rattling :@

Mate its not that hard. As long as you're methodical you dont need any prior experience at all.

Hello Bubbles and welcome (SORRY ITS ABIT LATE! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> )

I work with Darren and also my best friend so a friend of Darrens is friend of mine!

Arosa is looking cool by the way!

Its enough work to do the heater matrix on my mini i would hate to be doing it on the arosa, looks a nice tidy car though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

and bubbles are you the bubbles of cliosport.net by any chance? if so damn nice car

wayne

I am indeed.. are you on cliosport as well?

not registered just yet im just browsing mostly the for sale section laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> , i was having a 172 at the start of the week but now the box is stuffed on that im looking at others although i have pretty much set my heart on a trophy but i wouldnt mind a tidy liquid yellow 182 like yours but they seem stupidly rare sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> or like one in the trader a few weeks back they go for stupid money due to the apparent rareity

wayne

not registered just yet im just browsing mostly the for sale section, i was having a 172 at the start of the week but now the box is stuffed on that im looking at others although i have pretty much set my heart on a trophy but i wouldnt mind a tidy liquid yellow 182 like yours but they seem stupidly rare or like one in the trader a few weeks back they go for stupid money due to the apparent rareity

wayne

woot?! Im in shock at this revelation!

woot?! Im in shock at this revelation!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

yeah always loved them and a little while ago the lad i brought my corsa sport off got a 172, anyway other day it lost all drive they replaced the clutch and it drives now but box whines and he wants silly money again but after seeing him flying about in that and last weekend when me and my mate test drove a pug gti 180 which he liked that much he has picked it up this afternoon blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> it showed me what a real hot hatch is like

as im sure bubbles will agree the arosa/lupos are a great car (and they are) but the 172/182's are such a different breed in every respect its so much more focused its a proper hot hatch with the pace to match and they impress me in every respect which as i said in PM the lupo gti didnt blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

back to the thread (sorry bubbles) whats the idea this is your daily driver and clio is the show car/weekend toy?

wayne

Wayne,

Sorry it's taken a few days to reply... it's Amie's BF logged on and posting this... but avoid the Pug 180 - it's not a patch on 172 or 182. It's slower and doesn't corner!

Liquid Yellow is very rare (sure Amie will be along to say exactly how many were made but it's rarer than the Trophy) and as you've noticed is very desirable and holds the price well over the other colours. Trophy's have until now held their value well but are starting to drop in price. We're probably the best people to speak to as up until last weekend we had a Trophy and LY 182. I sold my Trophy and have just bought a Mk1 172 as a interim car until i can get my hands on a new Megane R26.

Both the normal 182 and Trophy are slightly different - the Trophy whilst having Recaro's loses the toys of the 182 - Xenons, Half leather, Auto lights and wipers etc.

However, we've had a good share of sport Clios between us so can give you some good pointers. As i'm a bit of a photo whore and i'm missing my Trophy a little bit, here's some pictures of the cars together :

STA70594.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70578.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70577.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And the new 172 we picked up as well :

STA70772.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70769.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

STA70771.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

We'll probably do a thread of all our previous cars at some point soon - there's quite a few!

I'm also on Cliosport - my username on there is FunkyMunky so feel free to ask away with any questions you have to either of us

Gareth

Edited by Bubbles

I like clios, expesially that shape clio, the 182.

Even standard clios that shape can look very nice, and are far better than the new one imo.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your previous collection shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

And you new megane, like those also.

Hi Gareth i have replied on clio sport net to save Bubbles thread getting filled with clios shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" /> oh sorry too late roflmao.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflmao:" border="0" alt="roflmao.gif" />

wayne

• 2 weeks later...