New wheels

nev

Got hold of my wheels today, took me all day to recon one of them and get the tyre on but tried it on for size and I so like it!

The tyres are popping off the rims but it looks how I imagined.

27062007110.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

27062007111.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Just need to get the rest on now and get the adjusters down a little once the car is level.

No caps, looking for them or might make some, I think they look ok without, like the ats wheels I was going to get.

There, 7x15 with 165/50/15 on ET12, very boarder line, probs very unsuitable if the tyres didnt stretch that much.

I got another done today, 6 hours to get this one looking ok, they were in a bad state and very pitted.

They have come up good though. Ive gone through loads of polish and polishing wheels.

28062007115.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

28062007113.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

28062007117.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

28062007116.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And yes the spoiler will be comming off soon as I find another to replace it which is a little more sensible

I bought a kit from ebay, comes with polishing wheels and wax, polish and a rubbing compound and some lime to remove execess wax.

I used wet and dry to start with to take the scratches out but only the fine ones as I didnt want to go to deep, then used a harsh poly bristle brush.

Then the kit in order through a timely process.

I then used a good clear laquer specially for wheels that have been polished (available from frost ).

Saves £50 a wheel from the refurb companies and they have come up well good.

£15 for the kit

£10 for the laquer

£ some time

Total cost £25 and a bit time

Wear gloves also i had black hands for a day

They look smart. There was a guy on here selling a set of oz routes, and i was tempted, but wasn't sure how they'd look, so left it

I saw them but it was too late as I would have snapped his hands off