Rear Wiper

Bubbles

Hi all smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ive recently purchased a Seat Arosa 1.4 TDI as a little commuting car (Giving my liquid yellow renault sport 182 a rest!) but the rear wiper doesnt appear to work

when pushing the wiper stalk back, the jets are putting water down the back of the car but its not activating the wiper

Does anyone know where i can pick up a new wiper motor? (ive checked the fuses) and does anyone know if the lupo wiper motor is the same and would fit?

Many thanks for any help!

Amie

Hello, welcome to the club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Are you on seatcurpa.net also, it might be someone else wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Erm yep i think the wiper motor is the same for the lupo. You could probably pick one up from a scrap yard, there are a few being broken on ebay at the moment.

One Litre Wonder found an arosa for breaking in a scrap yard, so it might be worth PMing him to see if it has the motor.

Its a popular thing to remove the back wiper, so someone on here might have one spare that they dont want to put back in.

Have you tried freeing off the motor incase its just siesed up?

Hope you get it sorted soon, the rear wiper is a must have IMO, they seem to suck up all the water dirt up the bck window and you cant see a thing laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

EDIT: just a little tip, if your removing the wiper to fit a new motor then you could add a polo rear wiper, its an aero style one.

I have one on mine, it looks and works so much better than the standard one. Say if you want the part numbers smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Chris

Edited by cardaft

• 5 months later...

My mams GTI has a similar in that the wiper is going from side to side but the water is pissing out down the back of the car as oppose to coming out of the jet hole :blink:

Have lifted the trim from the underside of the boot and the water seems to be travelling up the tube to the push on valve (if that's the correct description)

Any ideas chaps :huh:

Cheers

So is the washer fluid leaking into the inside of the boot or is it coming out of where it should only not onto the rear screen?

might just be something is not fixed in right, often the pipes come off in the cold, but mainly you get leaks under the rear seats.

Rear wipers are for girls.

:lol:

You know why i dont like cars with a dewipered rear screen .... because it always reminds me of old fiestas, micras etc that are too cheap to come with one :lol: and you just get a little bung where the wiper would have been it you had bought the better spec ;)

Plus i like my wiper, its useful in this weather :P

So is the washer fluid leaking into the inside of the boot or is it coming out of where it should only not onto the rear screen?

might just be something is not fixed in right, often the pipes come off in the cold, but mainly you get leaks under the rear seats.

seen this many a time , its the actual wiper motor itself thats disintegrated , where the rear wash wiper pipe joins into the motor , the mount has two small holes in it and the water pishes out of those , it happend to i99ys 02 plate arosa , and my cousins 02 plate arosa as well :lol: funny enough accompanied by this problem was hte washer pipe split . the only thing you can do if its the motor pishing out water to replace it , the motor has desintegrated :( the only way to fix it is to replace the motor . just be careful though mate , my wee cousins pissed that much water out of the wiper motor it shorted out and killed the rear central locking motor and we had to replace that as well

ebay or scrappy , the lupos use the exact same wiper motor , the dealers want silly money for them , about £60 if i remember right . you can fit it yourself , easy enough to do

Howay Rich lad I am in Teesside so could pop and get it from you ££££'ss

It would be aprreciated maye and it is the season of good cheer and all that jazz

Cheers mate as and when is fine :shades: