16 Valves of Fury. My Lupo GTi.

M1 Lupo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The vacuum gauge is useful for timing your engine (I'm about to fit fast road cams with vernier pulleys) as your engine should creat about 2"Hg vacuum during idle. It should be connected to a vacuum source from the manifold but not a ported one(one that rises with rpm!)

You can get a chart which shows the different problems with your engine as readouts on the vac. gauge, some of them are...burnt or sticking v/vs, blown head gasket, fueling not adjusted corrsctly etcetc!

Plus they look cool. You can get ones with blue backlight to match the loops interior lighting! 8)

An interactive tocuh screen `VAG-COM` / TV / DVD / SAT NAV would be better though smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

all you need is an old laptop, a small tft screen, a few cables, tv tuner, dvd player and a sat nav thing, bung them together and hey presto

It would be nice, but there's no facility for a `touch-screen` on the VW SatNav system, so you'd have to have a mouse/trackball/trackpad somewhere in the car. Not a big deal, but a `touch-screen` is nicer.

If you're serious about wanted the VW `sat-nav` system, there's a group buy being investigated on the UK MKIV's forum with figures like 340 quid being thrown around for a full kit used system that's been factory refurbed. Considering it costs around 2k new, that's a real bargain, and it'll slot right into the Lupo `double-din` cage.

Thread is here, but it's quite long.

Is that a Lupo GTi or a mirror?

Shine2.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Shine1.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

• 2 weeks later...

:shock: oooo.. i like it!

looks stunning mate! ...deffinatly got me thinking bout getting some coilovers when my warranty runs out now!! only thing is that there are quite a few sleeping police women near me

what are they like then???

I now love pretty much any roads now except those with uneven surfaces. The ride when set to firm is hardcore! can be a touch bumpy. When my mate Si was following me it looked like I was on a bouncing castle! every time I hit a pot hole, the car stuck to the road, but I shot up about an inch or two off my seat. Gave him quite a laugh, till we got to the country lanes and I was off! I parked up and had time to smoke 2 cigarettes before he got to the pub..

The front wheels are running an excessive amount of front camber at the minute, but the level of grip is amazing! I know where the cars limits are now, but I feel a compulsion to drive the car everywhere now on the limit of the cars road holding. This can cause a few scary moments due to speed, but its really worth it! Especially virtually eliminating the body roll from the car biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 2 months later...

Crusoes old Gti had the red `interior-am` just looking for the pic. I never liked it at first, but after having intially liked my grey interior, I'm a bit bored already, hence why I intend to change the door cards.