hey im thinking of getting a lupo

mcbunny

after noon im mike and im thinking of buying a lupo (that sounded a bit like an AA meeting !! day%20out2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

day%20out3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by mcbunny

As far as boot size goes-there isn't one! Well there is but it is tiny! Lots of people sell their Lupo when they have a child because of it.

Not that many have got Air-con although a few GTI's do. Climate Control is VERY rare, there is a GTI for sale now in the 'For Sale' section with Climate Control go and have a look.

I am 6 foot and my head is nowhere near the roof, the seats are height adjustable so that shouldn't be a problem, I think I recall someone saying that they are 6'8" and they have a Lupo.

Have a flick through 'Readers Rides' to find as many Lupo's as you could ever want! And (Arosa's too)

Oh yeah and welcome,

NOCK

Edited by LUPO NOCK

Good afternoon, and welcome wave.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wave:" border="0" alt="wave.gif" />

That's a very nice looking Brabus Roadster Coupe smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

To answer some of your questions;

how big is the boot any photos of it ?

130 litres with the seats up (much bigger than you'd think and more than adequate) or 830 litres with the seats folded.

whats service intervals like for the gti and the 1.4 tdi ?

10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.

what size tyres are standard on the gti and the 1.4 tdi?

The TDi has 185/55/R14 tyres with 6J x 14 Kyalami alloys and a steel space saver.

Are you deciding between the TDi and GTi? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

thank you for the reply smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i suppose boot space isnt a huge problem since i can use my ibiza for the shopping and all that kinda stuff smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> thankfully there wont be any need to fit a baby in it ! glad that size isnt an issue as when i was looking at alot of other small cars i just couldn't get under the wheel usually.

this will be my 3rd vag car had a fabia vrs before too dunno why i sold it really lol

mike

Good afternoon, and welcome wave.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wave:" border="0" alt="wave.gif" />

That's a very nice looking Brabus Roadster Coupe smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

To answer some of your questions;

130 litres with the seats up (much bigger than you'd think and more than adequate) or 830 litres with the seats folded.

10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first.

The TDi has 185/55/R14 tyres with 6J x 14 Kyalami alloys and a steel space saver.

Are you deciding between the TDi and GTi? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yeah i am trying to decide between the two i like derv's but id also like another warmish hatch again

cheap tyres on the tdi then lol the brabus has 225/35/17's on the rear and they are about 160 each !

yeah i am trying to decide between the two i like derv's but id also like another warmish hatch again

cheap tyres on the tdi then lol the brabus has 225/35/17's on the rear and they are about 160 each !

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> That is expensive! I'm not sure on the price of TDi tyres, but Continental Eco-Contacts on my SDi are £42 each. Although they are 175/65/R13s.

The deal clincher between having a TDi or a GTi could be that the roadtax on the TDi is £35/year. As the emissions are 119g/km, it falls into Band B smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hiya, welcome to the club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Depends on what you want the car for then, is you do a fair few miles then the TDi will be the best bet, but if you do few miles and want something really fun (not that the TDi isnt) then the GTi is probably best.

Although the TDi can be remapped, someone had theirs up to 117BHP.

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> That is expensive! I'm not sure on the price of TDi tyres, but Continental Eco-Contacts on my SDi are £42 each. Although they are 175/65/R13s.

The deal clincher between having a TDi or a GTi could be that the roadtax on the TDi is £35/year. As the emissions are 119g/km, it falls into Band B smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I paid £130 for two continental premium-contact's for my TDi. Although 2 firestone firehawk 700's were £100 and 4 yokohamas A539's were £164 (just a bit more than one of yours laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> )

Yeah the road tax is great, also 60MPG average is not to be sniffed at, and 75MPG on a good motorway run, even at 70+ it still acieves 70ishMPG.

Obviously the TDi is quite a bit cheaper than the GTi is, you dont often see TDis for sale with A/C but its a fairly popular option on the GTi.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

its just one of those things i suppose either would do me i just dont want to get bored again i have had 6 cars in the last 12 months or so !

brc

mk2 ibiza 1.4

accord 2.4 exec

ford ka

vx220 N/A

Fabia VRS

before that i had a

mk2 clio 172

p11 primera si

and a mk2 fiesta xr2

i think i will go for a gti in all honesty it still seems cheap to run im not a boy racer in any way shape or form but i do like to tinker wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think you getting bored is to do with your choice of cars laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Ford Ka, Accord huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> no offence btw smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The GTi has 205/45/15 rubber btw, although most replace them with 195/45/15 toyo tyres, which are £45 each from mytryes, then you need to get them fitted, so about £50 each.

The GTi mentioned above sounds like it would suit you, its very very rare with climate. I dont think its an import, its got full UK spec.

I think im right in thinking that the only other one with climate is also silver and came standard with different wheel, ive forgotten what they are called but some Boras have a similar style.

I guess its just some specs that somehow crept in laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by cardaft

I think you getting bored is to do with your choice of cars laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Ford Ka, Accord huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> no offence btw smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The GTi has 205/45/15 rubber btw, although most replace them with 195/45/15 toyo tyres, which are £45 each from mytryes, then you need to get them fitted, so about £50 each.

The GTi mentioned above sounds like it would suit you, its very very rare with climate. I dont think its an import, its got full UK spec.

I think im right in thinking that the only other one with climate is also silver and came standard with different wheel, ive forgotten what they are called but some Boras have a similar style.

I guess its just some specs that somehow crept in laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

the ka was driven by the gf to get to work wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> the accord was great especially when vtec kicked in but just too big for getting to work in and 26mpg cost too much lol

welcome to the club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

you will not regret buying a gti smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> mine suprises me every day and i always smile and laugh when im out driving her wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />

she had a 40k service 2 weeks ago which cost me £160 for oil, oil filter, fuel filter and spark plugs, plus a few extras they sorted for me. if you went to a dealer it would be nearer twice that i reckon. depending where you are, i got mine done at midland vw, they are superb, very genuine people.

i run 195/45/15 and cost generally around £40 a corner for toyos smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

just to put it into perspective with the boot i can get around 5-6 tesco bags in there with some room on top for other bits. its not huge but its enough biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

usual town driving for a gti is about 180miles per tank (approx £28 to fill depending on fuel, i only use v-power) but luke (db) recently got near 300miles from a tank by driving like a grannie and doing some motorway miles.

cheers

Jen x

oh and my bf is 6'2 and he had a gti and drives mine fine, no problems smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Jen

boot isnt too bad then smaller than in the vx220 tho by the sounds of it and thats hard lol

just had an insurance quote on a gti £454 thats more than i thought ! im 27 with 6 points with the gf on the policy with 3 points just outside of york good postcode insured for 15k miles a year but im sure i could get it cheaper smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

180 miles to £28 ! thats 29mpg at £1 a litre !

Edited by mcbunny

boot isnt too bad then smaller than in the vx220 tho by the sounds of it and thats hard lol

The boot isnt too bad, its suprising how much you can cram in.

Recently 4 of us went shopping for various things, clothes, lamps and odd bits, we bought loads, i was thinking on the way back to the car that its never going to all fit in, but with some careful packing it all went in the boot and no one had to share a seat with luggage laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

And when the seats are folded there is loads of room. I get a big dog crate in there and also a bike, but not at the same time wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Im about 6'2 and have no problems with room, its suprising how much room there is inside, nearly everyone that goes in my car says that laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

180 miles to £28 ! thats 29mpg at £1 a litre !

A TDi is looking all the more attractive now isnt it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by cardaft

A TDi is looking all the more attractive now isnt it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

well i really cant see me getting 29mpg out of it when book figure is 40 for the combined iirc

the brc gets about 45- 52mpg biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> gotta love the 70cc engine but with 101bhp its not that slow since it ways about 850kg

Photo of the misplaced glove compartment on my Arosa 1.0mpi...

bbs_11_400.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Agree with Jen. GTi makes me smile! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ray

Photo of the misplaced glove compartment on my Arosa 1.0mpi...

bbs_11_400.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Agree with Jen. GTi makes me smile! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ray

hehe thats diddy biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> seems smaller than the ka

hehe thats diddy biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> seems smaller than the ka

...as was said up there /\ /\.

You can get about 5 Tesco's shopping bags in the boot with a bunch of flowers on the parcel shelf (hahahahaaa parcel shelf!), or 2 White Stuff, 1 USC, 1 **** and 1 G-Star...

huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

...depending on what season it is and how much motoring money TSO has spent on clothes!

Ray