MY LUPO GTI

Bikerz

Here she is with pics as requested. I think most of you know spec, but feel free to ask anything.

Back-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Low.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Wheel.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

And heres the worring bit, Ive already started fiddling Working.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Side2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Side.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Working2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Working3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

They don't have a distributors any more, modern VW's have coilpacks which you shouldn't have to worry about smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

The wheels, what size? Looks like 14's but I diden't think the brakes allowed 14" only 15". Looks really sweet anyway!

Its only if you have g60 dics or a really low et, they dont fit.

Oh and lovely car, by the way. Nice to see its gone to a fellow forum member. What will you add next?

Edited by Gavs_arosa16v

Side2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Whats the stain on the floor on this one, did the oil spill out?

Looks nice still smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Whats the stain on the floor on this one, did the oil spill out?

Maybe he was changing the gearbox oil?

Sheldon, the car is lovely.

How does it drive compared to your Sport?

And if you don't mind me asking, why did you choose this example as opposed to a standard car?

Edited by Swoxy

Thats just water (dont worry , i licked it to check as it scared me). I havent driven it properly yet as not insured on it as havent swaped cars over on policy yet. I know its mad, but be insured on it soon.

Me Andy? Nowhere mate, just sold both my bikes as my physical health after my bike accident has left me unable to ride, so sold both and brought the gti, sports forsale. Been checking on here, just not posting often

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe he was changing the gearbox oil?

Sheldon, the car is lovely.

How does it drive compared to your Sport?

And if you don't mind me asking, why did you choose this example as opposed to a standard car?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> No, il never chage the gearbox oil, the GTi box is beautiful compared to the sports (well my sports is mint now, but shoould be after a £600 rebuild bill)

The GTI feels soooo much torquier and quicker, alot quicker which i didnt think it would. Doesnt handke as well as i thourght it would (but i think tracking and camber balencing all needs seeing to, and thats booked in 2morow morning) so il see after that. I chose this over a standard one just becuase it came up at the right time, and had the sort of mods I would be doing to her anyway. The main reason I WAS more tempted to go for a standard one was the incurance at 20, but its a matter of a few quid more declearing the mods, so thats fine.

• 1 month later...

Just a bump as Phil.... is trying to find this for pics.

Ive raised her on the coilovers (yes mad) have had the tracking and camber realined too

I did this as I have managed to catch the front bumper here and there and the rear was rubbing at times. Makes ellen happier too.

There is more fell now the car is raised but definatly doesnt hanndle as well as it did, doesnt drift round the corners like she used too. Ive got mad camber on the rear too 1.4 degrees negative (il put up printout soon to show all) as luke said this is mad. Camber on front is 2.11 negative if a rember corrently, but will post the table up asap

Ive got mad camber on the rear too 1.4 degrees negative (il put up printout soon to show all) as luke said this is mad. Camber on front is 2.11 negative if a rember corrently, but will post the table up asap

Didn't think you could adjust the camber on the back??

i love the two tone, is it vinyl? I had a similar idea but i don't want to copy mrgreen.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mrgreen:" border="0" alt="mrgreen.gif" />

Total Respray mate

I miss my old car sad.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" /> style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Im looking after her well mate I promise. Need to get wheels refered still tho

Didn't think you could adjust the camber on the back??

You cant, its fixed, but mine is madley out (you should have maybe 0.1-0.2 negative) but mines negative 1.41

AK - While your here mate, did you take note of what cambers it was running when you had her? Any news on what issue of Golf + shes in?

Thing is with the back the lower you have it set more the wheels go in thats what i think and never new what the fronts were. As for golf plus there said there will email me letting me know. What you doing to the wheels ?