Cracking open lights

heartagram

Wanting to tint these lights but the case is plastic and the lense is plastic.

I know on mk3 Polo you heat it up in the oven and gentley pull the lense away from the casing with a screwdriver. But I'm sure the case on those is metal and the lense is glass where as this is entirely plastic so I'm not sure if it will all just melt in the oven.

Tried heating it up with a uber hot hair drier and tried pouring boiling hot water on it but won't even budge, not in the slightest.

What we reckon to putting them in the oven?

Cheers.

I think i read somewhere that the headlights need to be heated in the oven, and the indicators need to be cut apart using something like a dremel, though i might stand corrected?

and i dont know what the difference is between the lights to warrent using different methods but im guessing the indicators will melt easily where as the headlights wont.

Suppose you could just use tinting spray on the indicators, or buy a set off venom but they do seem to be very dark.

Edited by simpo

I think there's a thread on here somewhere for painting the buckets on the headlights. The oven only needs to be 50degC or so just to get the glue sticky.

Says you need to be a member to see tgat website.

I already have tinted headlights wanting to do the indicators.

Think I might have found a plan though,.

Will have to wait and see though...!

there left hand drive units, dont think fk do right hand drive units. plus for sake of spending 100+ quid on the lights u could probs do a decent job at home for £20 quid. just be carefull when heating em up n ul b fine.

I smoked my head lights i used a heat gun, or if u aint got a heat gun use a hair drier. its just enough heat to melt the goo. Just heat a little at a time and prise the lense open with a screw driver or in my case a wall paper scraper!! thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />