itunes & new computer

Alexlupo

I will hopefully be getting a new computer within the next few days. Does anyone know how I can transfer the songs from itunes on my current computer to itunes on the new computer as I have quite a few and would like to keep them.

any help appreciated,

Alex

I will hopefully be getting a new computer within the next few days. Does anyone know how I can transfer the songs from itunes on my current computer to itunes on the new computer as I have quite a few and would like to keep them.

any help appreciated,

Alex

i think when you plug your ipod into your new computer it wil copy them over, im not 100% sure though.

i think when you plug your ipod into your new computer it wil copy them over, im not 100% sure though.

songs wont copy from an ipod to the computer, but you can download a program that will do it. transfering the wholw music libary with the data file is better so you dont lose your playlists etc.

Copy iTunes music folder to an external HDD or similar...

Copy the folder to the required destination on the new PC...

Open iTunes

select File, add to library...

Navigate to the iTunes folder you have just copied

Click Go, Choose, OK or whatever...

Done!

I have done it this way on a regular basis to take my music library to work. You can probably do it through the Back Up Library option, but I've never done it that way.

If you buy music from iTunes ou may also want to de-authorise your old computer via ermmm... deauthorise computer...

as if you don't you may lose one of your licences that iTunes tracks.

Ray

any help appreciated,

Alex

i hate i hate i hate i hate itunes its the biggest load of bollo*

i hate i hate i hate i hate itunes its the biggest load of bollo*

Because of course Windows Media player is the perfect example of streamlined, well programmed software isn't it! coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

yer sorry bout that, that wasnt me who posted it up unsure.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Edited by 2001gti