i cant decide what to do...

D_eano

right currently im doing a btec national diploma in engineering at college... thing is i cant see myself being an engineer at all! and i dunno if its gunna be worth stikin out this course anyway!

so im basically asking if anyone else dropped out of college and wether they've got a decent job off there gcse's?

i could use those gcse's to score an aprentice in business, but do i really wonna spend another 4 years (on top of the two years ive done at college) in education confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />... if i did do that i could try for a manufacture like bmw that take placements or bently motors... but i dunno... keep thinkin about becoming a police officer (anyone know of what this jobs like?)

bah im ramblin on, but what have other people done so far in life, and are u happy with it?

Hi! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've found my dream job - I work as an admin assistant for the local college and I absolutely LOVE it!! I was training for a job in Advertising and Business Media (Marketing, etc) but I hated the course and failed the second year! But I found my perfect job on my GCSE's and A Levels alone and it couldn't be any different from what I was training to do! rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I wouldn't know anything about being a police officer, though I'm afraid!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do cheers.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":cheers:" border="0" alt="cheers.gif" />

Em x

ive got a part time job that ive been working since i wos 16 that likes to pay me quite generously, especially on sundays smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and i get a nice bonus from work, plus my loan and i tend to work alot through holidays.

Edited by Mr_Twigs

I dropped out of doing my A levels against everyones advice. I now understand why they said it and regret leaving college.

Stick at it - I was in a similar position to you a few years ago in my current job when I was an apprentice. But I stuck it out due to financial reasons and am glad I did.

ive got a part time job that ive been working since i wos 16 that likes to pay me quite generously, especially on sundays smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> and i get a nice bonus from work, plus my loan and i tend to work alot through holidays.

Cool, ive always just wondered how some students can afford really nice things. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cool, ive always just wondered how some students can afford really nice things. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

its kool, its not like im not in debt ive gotta pay back £18k for my loan and tuition fees plus interest when i finish uni, so i mite aswell have fun with my money whilst i can smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh no what have i started rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

In my experience college was the best 3 years of my life, i was hoping uni would be the same but its not, not for me atleast.

Id stick with it if i was you, having an a level in something, even if you dont persue it after college, is better than not having one.

Unlike me where im paying to be at uni, not enjoying it and not very good at it wither so im leaving so i dont fail it.

Stick at it and get the Btec - how long do you have left? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

finish my first year in june, n then its just one more year...

the only thing is that i dunno if i can see myself as an engineer... do you rekon its worth just carrying on so ive got some qualifacations?

ive been looking at advertised jobs and the good ones go to managment people or senior people... how would i start off huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

the only thing is that i dunno if i can see myself as an engineer... do you rekon its worth just carrying on so ive got some qualifacations?

defo stick at it! Im doin a MEng at Strathclyde Uni and know how u feel! when u qualify, remember it wont just be engineering companies that will want to employ you. Just because your doing engineering doesnt mean u will end up in that field!

now stop whining and get on with it! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Good Luck

now stop whining and get on with it! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Good Luck

yes sir!! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

so so far ive got the impression i should finish my course, but not go uni! anyone know of not needing to go uni for a decent job?

soz for all the questions today people blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

yes sir!! blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

so so far ive got the impression i should finish my course, but not go uni! anyone know of not needing to go uni for a decent job?

soz for all the questions today people blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

There are other methods of getting a good job other than uni, even if you get a degree you usually have to start at the botton and work your way up so you can prove what you have learnt.

Thats what im thinking anyway, research what is out there for you, apprenticeships or whatever, in sick of education now and want something more hands on and practical.

right currently im doing a btec national diploma in engineering at college... thing is i cant see myself being an engineer at all! and i dunno if its gunna be worth stikin out this course anyway!

so im basically asking if anyone else dropped out of college and wether they've got a decent job off there gcse's?

i could use those gcse's to score an aprentice in business, but do i really wonna spend another 4 years (on top of the two years ive done at college) in education confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />... if i did do that i could try for a manufacture like bmw that take placements or bently motors... but i dunno... keep thinkin about becoming a police officer (anyone know of what this jobs like?)

bah im ramblin on, but what have other people done so far in life, and are u happy with it?

i used to be in the police for a year and a half. what do u wanna know?

is it any good? what dutys did you have to do? rewards?

and most imporantly... did you get to drive a police car with sirens on biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

is it any good? what dutys did you have to do? rewards?

and most imporantly... did you get to drive a police car with sirens on biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

rewards? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

it's a **** job, i wouldn't do it again.

u would get to drive a car at some point, although depending on which force u are in depends on how soon.

rewards? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

it's a **** job, i wouldn't do it again.

u would get to drive a car at some point, although depending on which force u are in depends on how soon.

hehe ok cheers mate! might have to give that plan a miss then blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

How about becoming a Special Contstable? You have exactly the same duties and powers as a proper policeman, you just don't get paid. blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

My mate does it and loves it. He's a Uni student, works part time at a Supermarket and also does this, I dunno how he manages all the hours he does. You have to be there a year (I think) before you can start driving, not sure if he can use the sirens.

Anyway, apparently many forces want anybody who wants to become an officer to become a Special Contstable first, kind of getting your foot in the door.

Pop into your local station and ask them for some information on it.