Tinted windows

PinkFonz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno if this is true but a copper with a light measuring jobbie (he was measuring my mates), said that the standard tint on the new mini's is technically too dark but there aint much they can do about it as its tinted glass not film

he was measuring my mates corsa- the tint is very light and below the limit, but still illegal as its a film applied to the glass.

^^ all above is what i was told by one individual policeman, dont take my word for it- it may not hold up in court laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

id say just don't tint the front. lupo's would still look good with the back just tinted and you wont's get pulled over. in London you could get away with limo black. the amount of chumps rollin around with black out windows. My MOTO " girls or guys want to see who's driving, so show them without pullin down the window while it's rainin" lol

• 5 months later...

Yea its the dot matrix, it near enough impossible to get it totally seamless with the dot matrix but a good tinting place will make it look as best as it could.

Heres mine with 70% tint to rears and 30% to fronts :

DSC00357.jpg

Photo-0034-1.jpg

so what the general consumption is that you cant touch the front two windows? i've heard this before, but the man at the tint place was happy to offer me the fronts. what happens if its been on the car before the new regs? still meen they need to come off?

Think the regs came in around 2000. So it is illegal to have any tints on the front of a Lupo. Lots of things are illegal though, take a chance if you fancy it, just don't go stupidly dark.

Mines has got the lightest tint that was available from the tinters, the tinter says he puts this tint on the front of cars because its so light. I got it all round cos it was a subtle tint.

P1050088.jpg

Yea its the dot matrix, it near enough impossible to get it totally seamless with the dot matrix but a good tinting place will make it look as best as it could.

Heres mine with 70% tint to rears and 30% to fronts :

DSC00357.jpg

Photo-0034-1.jpg

Where did you get those wind deflectors?

it would be cool to be able to get a sun deflector on the front windsreen like you get on some pick up trucks!

• 3 months later...

anyone got a picture of their car with only the rears tinted? i'm thinking of tinting my windows, but i reckon it would look quite weird having only the rears done? could be wrong though.

you normally get a defect form and a fine for your first offence. mot manufacturers put a legal tint on the car as tandard now, o you cant touch the front. mine let 20% in at the back.

DSCF0021.jpg

they look limo but they are not, nice during the day and enough at night. plus great to see thro :)

Edited by MattTDI

• 2 weeks later...

a guy i knows got mirror tints all the way round... never been pulled as far as i know.... hes a c**t when hes driving towards you on a sunny day though :censored::rant: lol and the inside of his car is always dark... :ninja: