Power Steering Fluid

Hiya, how did you find out what it needs? and when is it supposed to be changed? i think mine could do with a change on my TDi

According to the halfords lookup table it needs LHM fluid, which apparently is the same as the brake fluid in a Citroen Xantia!

I've just topped mine up as it was a bit low, if it makes my car die I know what the boyo in halfords looks like and I will go looking for him!

According to the halfords lookup table it needs LHM fluid, which apparently is the same as the brake fluid in a Citroen Xantia!

I've just topped mine up as it was a bit low, if it makes my car die I know what the boyo in halfords looks like and I will go looking for him!

That seems strange, LHM is the suspension fluid in xantias, xms etc, but i supose it is the power steering and brade fluid too as it all runs of the same system. It is the same colour as the power steering fluid so that may well be true then.

Thanks for that info

That seems strange, LHM is the suspension fluid in xantias, xms etc, but i supose it is the power steering and brade fluid too as it all runs of the same system. It is the same colour as the power steering fluid so that may well be true then.

Thanks for that info

Its labelled as LHM PLUS (green mineral oil the shop boyo called it) in a black and green own brand container, I didnt spot it at first, I was looking for some branded stuff but I would rather have it above the minimum rather than waiting for branded stuff and screwing up the steering.

I googled it and found that vagspares do Power Steering fluid direct from VW for £5 something, havent bought any yet though. Is that LHM PLus any good? And how much was it?

NOCK

I googled it and found that vagspares do Power Steering fluid direct from VW for £5 something, havent bought any yet though. Is that LHM PLus any good? And how much was it?

NOCK

Don't know if was any good yet rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> but it was 6.99 or 7.99 I just have a halfords handy and got paid today, noticed it was a bit low earlier last week and made a note of it as something to do when I got paid.

On another bit I had a sh*t day with the remote central locking that some cowboys put in for my missus when we were both a bit naieve about the car and their reputability, ended up with the car not locking properly at all, me having to strip the doors in my works car park and spend my lunch hour putting them back together without any proper tools and people annoying me constantly....

Once I get back from 'merica I will be fitting a new alarm with remote start, central locking and a boot popper so I can get my boot smoothed, was thinking on getting an arosa bootlid and doing the painting etc myself, gives me an excuse to buy new tools!

Well we have loads of LHM kicking around in the garage, but im going to ask VW before i do anything, sounds a bit dodgey to me laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i would only EVER use vw p.a.s fluid part number g002000m2 for a litre bottle, retails around £6.50 ish

Never use LHM! Thats wrong as feck!

if anything use CHF 11S

195.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Edited by nfbr