Removal and Specs of VW RCD200 Stereo?

Hi guys,

Anyone had any dealings with this headunit? Web searches reveal very little and the VW dealer even less. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I want to oik it out and look at the back to see if I can plug one of those MP3 player converters in to it!

From a 07 plate Fox btw.

Many thanks for any help.

Robster

Dsc00031_small.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I haven't had any dealings myself with this but id imagine you need 4 keys, available from vw dealers to fit in each of the four corner slots of the head unit (see pic), they undo the latches, then you just pull to take it out. Hope that helps!

the four keys are the same as the keys for the vw sat nav units, look more like the audi radio keys than the vw 'loop' type

part number

3b0 051 530 cost £6 from vw inc vat

Nice one lupogtiboy!

I do really think I have been sold ones that don't fit. I push them in, only about 1/2cm then nothing happens, they just spring out.

On top of that, the dealer service / parts people can't even tell me what I can connect to it!

Gotta love the dealer network lol

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...