Value of 1.4 TDI's?

g-man85

According to parkers my car is worth around £3500 (standard) but looking at the same car with slightly more mileage than mine (40k on the clock of a '02') its around £4500-£5000!

So in esscence, what are people currently pricing a 1.4 TDI arosa to be? coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Parkers are a little off nowadays. They dont take into account supply and demand...

...Plus some owners have slightly wishful thinking wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Im not saying that your car isn't worth more than the book value, but what people ask is not always what they get, a car is only worth what people want to pay for it!

But as tdi's are very popular and tend to hold their value better I would say that you car is probably worth between 4500 and 5000.

I would look at what other people are trying to get for their cars and advertise around the same figure but be prepared to come down. shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Parkers are a little off nowadays. They dont take into account supply and demand...

...Plus some owners have slightly wishful thinking wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Yeah cheers adam...

Cheers guys. I'll wait to I get the car back and get my photographer friend to take some snaps as it comes out of the bodyshop (looking at its best) and then set a price for it, which i'll only then sell if i hit it.

Carter seemed to have a hell of a job selling it.

You got it pretty cheap if I remember correctly.

Is it still the same as when he sold it? You've never posted any pictures of it have you?

im selling mine now mines on a 51 plate with 32k miles on the new engine , 49 on the car, how muc thijnk i will get for it or put it up for

Yours is carters old one itsnt it, its a funny one to price, you carnt really look to see other arosa TDi's prices as its not standard, it coule be more than normal seeing as its very different, although it could be less, having a new engine. Also it will only appeal to a very small market of people which is probably why carter had it for sale a while then.