fantastic new toy

Crusoe

as part of my training regime i've just bought a new toy, a garmin forerunner 301, fantastic bit of kit. Logs everything from gps and wireless heart monitor giving heart rate, location, distance covered, speed, callories used, height climbed etc. then generates training results for you.

run1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

garmin3011.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Multifunctional - acts as a dumbell as well.

Look at the size of it! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

You think you're Predator? laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited by zippy

my brother has one of them aswell, when i was in sa we strapped it to his RC plane and took it for a fly, when we got home it plotted the exact route in 3d , was real kewl

we tried it after seeing this site

http://jeklink.net/projects/GPS_Equipped_R..._Sailplane.html

its even got a big red button so u can blow up sumwere shitty like wales laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

lmfao but he's the prime minister of wales

NOCK

notice the picture with the sea on the rigth hand side - i'm not in wales though Fran might be upset by your welshist atitude lol

Hmmm....

Does it read the heartrate through the skin of the wrist or from a chest monitor? If it's the latter, then connect to the speeedplus (off the canbus behind the stereo, or off the signal to the dials?)

That would let you substitute rpm data for heartrate data and then things would get a whole lot more interesting...

Deek.

7k piece of piss smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> heart rate hardly stressed (average 150bpm) and not going that fast only 10min miles or so to try it out last night. I'd add that that was a googled arm pic not of me tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

get yourself a heart monitor, makes all the difference to the distances you can go if you can keep yourself in a more efficient zone rather than working too hard and getting burnt out. There's a 10k assault course style team race coming up that i think i'm supposed to have been enroled in, are you training for a half marathon type thing in Aberdeen?

Yeah, the Baker Hughes 10k.

It's all on flat ground round the harbour, beach, King Street, so it's not that bad.

Still gonna hurt though, I've got completely flat feet so after around 6km they just blister up badly.

However it's for charity so I gotta do it.

Was it you that did the run though?

Currently driving: somewhere you'll never find me

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> the map makes it easy

all that shows is where i was running yesterday, nothing more and i've zoomed out so you can't make out the details (know what some of the stalkers on here are like tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />) up in aberdeen just now.

@zippy did you go with the custom fitted shoes or just an off the shelf pair you liekd the look of? should be some liners that might help too, sure a running shop would be able to solve the problem - don't waht to damage yoru knees.

I think its pretty obvious where it is though if anyone wishing to stalk Crusoe wants to know where he runs.

Quite smart, i looked at the Nike clip-on for running shoes that does a similar thing (although currently doesn't have GPS) last week. Very good for $29 plus its got the iPod connectivity and 'boost tunes' functions.

Got my shoes last year from a running shop. They're the best ones for my odd feet/back, and I hate the look of them.

Funnily enough they were one of the most expensive ones too laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Got 2 pairs of Superfeet insoles in slightly different wedges, the idea was for the comfier ones for running, the steeper ones for everyday wearing to help ease my feet into shape.

• 4 weeks later...

sorted up the link up with google earth so now with extra gadget features mountkeen-1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

much rather be outdoors than stuck infront of the TV smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

much rather be outdoors than stuck infront of the TV smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

indeed.....

to be honest i love gadgets and at least he is using them not just collecting them.....

if only i could figure out how to use my N95....... coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

carry on... laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />