The Club Lupo (well, AndyW & BigMon)...

AndyW

To save spamming DJ's thread anymore I've moved our discussion here. I know we are the only to sad frackers to watch this show on here, but damn it we demand the right to geek out without exposing ourselves to the REALLY weird people on dedicated sci-fi forums. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

To those that don't know, this new (reimagined) version of Battlestar Galactica first appeared in 2003 as a mini series/pilot episode and the show was picked up for a 1st Season in 2004. Much like the original it charts the journey of a group of human refugees fleeing the destruction of their home worlds by the Cylons, robots and artificial intelligence which the humans themselves created.

Unlike the original 1978 cheese fest, this new version is a dark look at humanity, but also showing the lightness in that dark. It has great effects and top notch writing and character development.

Season 3 started in the US back in the Autumn and on SkyOne in early January, and like the previous two seasons, its still great!

Anyway, thats the background, where were we BigMon? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about farscape? I don't watch it but I know the main character shares my name...

(That's about all I have to say on this geeky subject, and I'm not even sure it's remotely relevant tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />)

out of interest i noticed a farscape dvd in one of the big chains hmv or virgin i think. Wasn't interested but did notice that it had a 18 certificate, are there interesting bits that they chop out for tv? Thought it was a sort of kids show on around dinner time lol.

How about farscape? I don't watch it but I know the main character shares my name...

(That's about all I have to say on this geeky subject, and I'm not even sure it's remotely relevant tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />)

Personally, I never got into Farscape, I remember watching it when it first appeared on BBC and it being fairly generic sci-fi, and at that time we were well furnished with enough of that from Star Trek. That said, a few years back I happened to be flicking through the channels on Sky and caught the final ever episode, and it was pretty good.

And yeah, I remember when I read you name thinking of the link, but you have to be careful about coming out with info like this, otherwise people look at you funny. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I have episode 14 downloaded and ready to go tonight (luckily Annette likes it too). biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I keep hoping they're going to shove Baltar out of an airlock.

out of interest i noticed a farscape dvd in one of the big chains hmv or virgin i think. Wasn't interested but did notice that it had a 18 certificate, are there interesting bits that they chop out for tv? Thought it was a sort of kids show on around dinner time lol.

AFAIK it was quite dark in parts. But as I say, its not a show I know all that much about.

I have episode 14 downloaded and ready to go tonight (luckily Annette likes it too). 0e_8.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

uncut version might be worth a look lol

I think that girl on the cover was a lesbian, but as I say, I've no real idea. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think that girl on the cover was a lesbian, but as I say, I've no real idea. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

in real life or the program?

lol @ the geeks - you guys need to get out more biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I do thanks very much, but I still make time to watch the things I enjoy. I bet I watch less tv than most of the average crappy soaps viewer. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

We could have a Dragons Den thread later if you wanted, thats on tonight.

in real life or the program?

Her character, in the program.

Watched it yet BigMon?

Not that its particularly a surprise, but it appears Season 4 is a go, judging by the news stories online. Only downside is that its being reported as not coming until January 2008, which is an unusually long break and misses the tradition autumn US start time.

Watched it yet BigMon?

Not that its particularly a surprise, but it appears Season 4 is a go, judging by the news stories online. Only downside is that its being reported as not coming until January 2008, which is an unusually long break and misses the tradition autumn US start time.

Not yet as I got, ahem, distracted last night. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Deffo will watch it tonight.

Good news about S4 though. I take it it's been popular in the States then?

Not yet as I got, ahem, distracted last night. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Deffo will watch it tonight.

Good news about S4 though. I take it it's been popular in the States then?

LOL. Yeah, I was banned from watching Dragons Den last night. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As for popularity, well if you read the scare stories by the yanks that live with their mums, the ratings have been poor. In reality they've been pretty good, there was a mid season lull, but its picked up again. In my limited understanding of American ratings and how they rise and dip, this is normal. Critical reception has risen massively though, the hype going into Season 3 back in the Autumn was immense.

You may or may not have noticed that the air night has been changed in the US, used to be Friday night, is now Sunday night.

Next Sunday's episode, 3.15 looks good, looks like the Chief and Cally are trapped in one of the Viper launch tubes. Tense. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

LOL. Yeah, I was banned from watching Dragons Den last night. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

As for popularity, well if you read the scare stories by the yanks that live with their mums, the ratings have been poor. In reality they've been pretty good, there was a mid season lull, but its picked up again. In my limited understanding of American ratings and how they rise and dip, this is normal. Critical reception has risen massively though, the hype going into Season 3 back in the Autumn was immense.

You may or may not have noticed that the air night has been changed in the US, used to be Friday night, is now Sunday night.

Next Sunday's episode, 3.15 looks good, looks like the Chief and Cally are trapped in one of the Viper launch tubes. Tense. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ah, that explains why I can no longer download it on Saturday morning then.

I've still not seen it. Annette's emotionally sensitive friend came round yesterday and blubbered all night and I have to wait until Annette can see it with me. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I've still not seen it. Annette's emotionally sensitive friend came round yesterday and blubbered all night and I have to wait until Annette can see it with me. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Damn those women and their problems. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good to see you've got the other half involved, Sarahs been watching BSG with me since the start, which is rather impressive considering she wouldn't be seen dead watching Trek or Star Wars.

Have just watched it.

Blimey, it was good. Very dark for an American show.

Cracking. I like those little interludes between the main story. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Annette has been watching it with me since the start too. Unusually for a woman she likes sci-fi, which is great with me. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by BigMon

Nice to have a Helo centric episode, and I loved it when he smacked Tigh in the mouth, only to have him laugh and respect him more. Tighs really lost it this series, he was always my favourite and he just keeps getting better and better.

chiana ....all i watched it for tbh

http://www.scifisuzi.com/ch.htm

From Farscape, yeah that seemed to tempt Crusoe into watching it.

I never really got into it though, even with the lesbian aliens. BSG is better. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nice to have a Helo centric episode, and I loved it when he smacked Tigh in the mouth, only to have him laugh and respect him more. Tighs really lost it this series, he was always my favourite and he just keeps getting better and better.

You sense he's on the verge of going ballistic whilst on a moonshine crazed rampage don't you!

Wonder if he's one of the final 5?