Induction matters - puzzled

Guest dandare

Guest dandare

Is Vw's 1.4 16v engine in the polo exactly the same as the 1.4 16v engine in the lupo??

I have been hunting for an induction kit for the lupo, and the only ones that i can find are made by Green stuff!

But, looking through performance magazines, I have noticed that there are many kits available for the 1.4 16v polo. Made by such companys as K&N and pipercross. These kits are also relitively cheaper than the said item for the lupo. So if the engines are the same in both cars, then surely you can use the polo induction kit in the lupo?? ???

• 2 years later...

How mad, have just found my old user name!! Dandare. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I wouldnt bother with a induction kit thats exposed to the engine heat like K&N and pipercross.

You could end up Losing power.

Why not save a little more and get your self a BMC, and you may even gain a horsie.

QUOTE(Tigz)
I wouldnt bother with a induction kit thats exposed to the engine heat like K&N and pipercross.

You could end up Losing power.

Why not save a little more and get your self a BMC, and you may even gain a horsie.

mine didnt, mine gained with the pipercross so long as i had the cold air feed on....i drove it for about `7-8k` with it then put it back to standard and u coudl definately tell the difference

Can you prove it Dan?

Im not trying to cause an arguement (it always seems I am I know) its just every Loop that was put on the rolling road with a induction kit had less power than the standard Loops.

I only go on figures with proof not just hear say.

QUOTE(Tigz)
Can you prove it Dan?

Im not trying to cause an arguement (it always seems I am I know) its just every Loop that was put on the rolling road with a induction kit had less power than the standard Loops.

I only go on figures with proof not just hear say.

....bmc excluded of course :wink:

no i cant prove it on paper cos i never got it on a RR, but i coverd 12k over 9 months, about 3 months standard then with the pipercross with no cold air feed (definately worse) then with then for a couple of weeks with the standard airbox before i sold it.

it definately helped a lot. on a rolling road - even with a fan blowing at the front it doesnt really take into effect fully the air feed and u will know already thats what makes it effective so its not suprising this type of kit doesnt fare up well in that kind of test....just trust me, (ive no reason to make it up!), it was faster with the pipercross & cold air feed then a little slower when i took it off!