Trouble with changing alloys

Yep pleanty of WD40 and if you have a wooden mallet you can turn the wheel and hit the back of the rim and it will work its way off.

Edit: post some pics on when you fit the wheels, i was going to put bathursts on my arosa but i wasnt sure what they would look like on it, so it will be interesting to see what yours looks like.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

Your not the only one, it took me about half an hour to get one of mine off, just give it lots of WD-40 and keep hitting it with a mallet or whatever smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Also a good idea to put a bit of copper slip around the wheel hub, so the wheels come off easier next time.

Mine always do this so i have perfected the method of putting something soft where the wheel will fall off, lie down on the floor then kick the ******* until it comes off. Usually it gets loose enough to pull it off but i found this method preferable to the mallet method. Plus you can lie down at the same time so it's not so much hard work. thumbsup.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumbsup:" border="0" alt="thumbsup.gif" />

method i use:-

1. undo all nuts/bolts

2. call work exp kiddie and get him to stand infront of the wheel and tell him "catch"

3. get underneath and firmly hold arb/axle/subframe/g-box (you get the idea)

4. swing up and boot the offending wheel with both feet.

5. thank work exp kiddie.

or if its on the floor i do the same as chris.

Now the pics taken late a night with my rubbishy phone camera

image145wt1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

image146xd4.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Just need it lowered and T1-rs and im laughing a big MASSIVE improvement on hadling with wider wheels. These are nearly bald and the better than my 185 firestones ( came with the car)

Wet monkey TDi used to have them on his tdi as below the light green one mines the light blue one at front must say as standard hsi did seem to sit quite high compared to mine but they did look good HOSTME.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

and to get my aloys of i wrestle them side to side and it usually does the trick smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne

Wet monkey TDi used to have them on his tdi as below the light green one mines the light blue one at front must say as standard hsi did seem to sit quite high compared to mine but they did look good HOSTME.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

and to get my aloys of i wrestle them side to side and it usually does the trick smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

wayne

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I knew i should have got those bathursts for mine, they look great on that TDI.

The bola green and canica blue really look good together, kinda sets them off, very nice shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Chris