Which Coilover

Which Coilover  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have not been that impressed with the FK Highsports so i am going to change them for something up the food chain.

But what?

Heard good thing about both the Koni & KW kits which land smack at the top end of my budget.

Or if there is something else you can suggest, go right ahead.

Luke (VWR Lupo) sells the KWs at a good price smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> 600quid delivered I believe?

Why haven't the FKs impressed you? Just the corroding of them? or something else? If i were you i would go for the KWs though, i have heard nothing but good things about them.

Why haven't the FKs impressed you? Just the corroding of them? or something else? If i were you i would go for the KWs though, i have heard nothing but good things about them.

No not just that, I havent been overly impressed with the dampning. Maybe if I had the Koni inserts it would be a different story.

That does seem a bit of a deal, you're right. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> What's the usual price of them?

£591.00 plus VAT

Oh right, i haven't experienced another coilover, although i had spax dampners on my Polo and i think the FKs are better. Although i would maybe prefer a firmer ride when going around corners, just so i don;t get any arch scrubbage.

KW's are over priced FK's. For 600 notes id expect adjustable damping. Mates got a set in his GTi, feel no differnt to my FK Silverlines. Id go for H&Rs mate. Nice bit of kit.

Werent you complementing my car on how well it feels going over speed bumps, ie. less crashy than a car with FK's (Yours!)

Right still struggling with the choice I have..

A lot of people on here are biggin up the H&R Coilover kit.

I've also found the Bilstein PSS Kit & an Eibach kit.

Had Bilstein on my Mk2 16V and they were excellent.

So answers on a postcard please or on here...

Koni £600 ish

KW Variant 1 £600

H&R £700

Bilstein £700

Eibach £600

Obviously H&R and Bilstein are more expensive but for the sake of £100 what the hay and if they are the dogs then all the better.

Right still struggling with the choice I have..

Koni £600 ish

KW Variant 1 £600

H&R £700

Bilstein £700

Eibach £600

The only ones above that have damping adjustment are the Koni's, therefore purely for that I would go for them. At around £560 delivered, they also seem v. good value.