Proper confused

Dblock

Right the more i read the more confused i am.

I have got g60 calliper carriers and discs. I havent fitted them yet.

Once i have put the discs on do i use Lupo sport 16v pads or G60 pads?

also for my rear disc, where is the best place to get plain non drilled or grooved discs or am i better off using standard one.

Thanks

Daood

Right the more i read the more confused i am.

I have got g60 calliper carriers and discs. I havent fitted them yet.

Once i have put the discs on do i use Lupo sport 16v pads or G60 pads?

also for my rear disc, where is the best place to get plain non drilled or grooved discs or am i better off using standard one.

Thanks

Daood

G60 pads

sorry to butt in on this thread blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> but are you guys saying that you can fit the g60 callipers onto the lupo carriers?

you didnt mention what discs you were using?are you staying with lupo discs?

and do people do this because the g60 callipers would give more pressure on the disc?

only asking as me and my brother are trying to make up a conversion for his mk1 jetta and were looking at using lupo parts as they seem to have the right calliper carrier bolt spacing!

cheers!

doh! forget that - i just re-read the above.

rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

yeah, late (mk2->)golfs have 90mm between mounting holes,was wondering about the lupo ones,but i guess going by what you said the lupo are 90mm too then. (mk1 is 75mm)

take it by this thread that the g60 carriers bolt straight onto the lupo hubs then,easy brake upgrade huh?!

Just to throw in another option I run Golf (mark 3) VR6 pads combined with Lupo Gti calipers and G60 carriers and discs.

I think Golf (mark 2) 16v, G60 and VR6 pads are all an option. Go for the thickest as to do the 280mm conversion you have to go from 25mm wide discs (Lupo Gti) to 22mm wide discs (G60 spec) so a few extra mm of pads will help minimise pedal travel and also keep more piston retained within the caliper.

*I just cut the wires off the VR6 pads as Lupo doesnt have wear indicators...nothing to worry about there.

there are three disc sizes on the lupos = 256x25 , 256x20 and the 239x18.

none of the aftermarket suppliers i looked at today do discs in 256x25 though confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

pads are listed as different numbers for the 25mm and 20mm by volkswagen although aftermarket seem to use the same pads for both of these. and another pad for the 239 disc. i think you get the pad for the 20mm so you would gain pedal travel anyway?

and yeah cutting the wires off would not cause any problems at all so you got no worries there.

Delphi Lockheed do the 256x25's...

i'll see if i can find the part number tomorrow...

They go on Sports and GTI's, don't think they do on the lower models.

Not forgetting all the TDI models are also SPORT specification...

The TDI will also take the 280mm Carriers off the g60

part numbers:

6n0615123e /4e red caliper left / right for 256x25 disc

6n0615125a red carrier

6n0698151b pads

6n0615301e 256x25 disc

6n0615123c /4c caliper left / right for 256x20 disc

1hm615126 carrier

1hm698151 pads

6n0615301d 256x20 disc

6n0615123b /4b caliper left / right for 239x18 disc

6n0698151c pads

6n0615301c 239x18 disc

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />