Richard Hammond Reportedly in critical condition...

nfbr

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Pooh, poor little chap....I really like him too, hope he recovers from this and gets better soon!! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Yeah, quite a shocking start to my working day.

Hope the little fella makes a good and quick recovery.

Having just watched the post-crash pictures, I have to say it doesn't look anything like as bad as I expected. That's not to say his injuries aren't serious - I'm just a bit surprised at how bad they are.

Certainly the picture painted by the media is, as usual, noticably worse than the footage I'm seeing.

on GMTV now...

got his brother, wife and james may with him... jeremy clarkson on his way..

james may cant see him at the moment because it's family only...

awww its really sad... they are really somber about it sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

come on richard!!

Edited by Black Lupo

he broke the record in an earlier attempt. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

aparently he hasnt made it down yet according to them?

I watched him fighting his way through the media circus at the hospital 15 mins or so ago

ahh this was before that now i think?

anyway a few of my friends have set up a fund raising page for the hamster...

http://www.justgiving.com/PHRichardHammond

target is to raise 3600 which is what it costs to run the air ambulance service for a day.

oh crap, not another presenter down. Still recovering from steve irwin. Hope he pulls through.

I think we, the car enthusiast, are most shocked about this. In my opinion he's the better of the Top Gear presenters and not afraid to get stuck into to less 'fast lane' shows (like Crufts!).

I hope he gets well soon and has no long term injuries as a result. Just the other day I was watching the race between him in the the Cayenne and the sky diver. This country has already seen the loss of 2 motoring greats, long may Richard Burns and 'Beef' rest in peace.

My mate put it well a few minutes ago: "You took Steve Irwin, dammit you can't have Hammond as well!"

latest is he has suffered a 'significant brain injury'

but doctors are confident he will make a good recovery

Yeah, that statement worries me. Their idea of a good recovery and mine are different sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

It's now serious brain injuries sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

It's probably quite likely that he suffered some bleeding in the brain from the G-Force. The brain is fairly resiliant though....Christiano DaMatta is now walking and talking I believe desipite having a badly cracked skull and very serious brain injuries when he hit that dear the other month. I very much doubt we'll see him back on the telly any time soon, but as it says on the report, he was talking straight after the accident and was consious when he got to the hospital which is usually a good sign. Usually if you suffer really bad brain injuries that you don't recover from you instantly unconsious and don't regain it for a long time.

im so so sad to hear about this sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> i love richard, hes my favourite presenter, i hope he makes a full recovery sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />