Alloy cleaner

I give mine a clean with car shampoo and wash mit or wheel brush depending on how much dirt there is, and then use cleaner wax to get them to come up white properly.

Its pretty effective, and helps protect the wheels a bit too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by lunalupi

I give mine a clean with car shampoo and wash mit or wheel brush depending on how much dirt there is, and then use cleaner wax to get them to come up white properly.

Its pretty effective, and helps protect the wheels a bit too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

But wont do a thing if there is brake dust embedded already.

What do people recommend that isnt corrosive but is still effective, as some cleaners are very acidic.

Einszett Wheel Cleaner, non acidic forumla but is still capable of shifting stubbon grime. Although it is better to just wax your wheels and use your normal car wash smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You can get the Einszett from:

http://www.einszett.co.uk/products_einszett_wheel-tyre.htm

For wheel wax look at poorboys wheel sealant, can get that from www.polishedbliss.co.uk

If your wheels are seriously dirty, then you will need to use something like wonder wheels at first. But if you give them a good wax and keep on top of cleaning them then normal car wash should be fine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Or the Einszett if a little more dirty.

Lee.

I used to use hot rims but someone advised me that it is still quite acidic, hence why I switched to the Einszett smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Lee.

The Einszett stuff does look good, the tyre black aswel, i might give that a try instead then

i decided to try halfords owncleaner and man that stuff can shift somegrime im telling you well worth 4 quid. they have a wheel cleaning kit of there own branded stuff for 6 pound in atm. cleaner,protector, 2 brushes, 4 clothes and a sponge! bargin!!!! does the job and i found it far more effective than wonderwheels and it safe for all types too!

i have found in the past that some alloy wheel cleaning brushes can scratch alloys!

I use Autoglym alloy wheel cleaner, spray on, leave for a few minuits then pressure wash off, works wonders smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

halfords stuff works the same mate was just saying about the offer they had on one of the brushes looks like a brillo! :S but the two sparys are worth 8quid on there own plus clothes and sponge its still beter than buying it all seporate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

halfords stuff works the same mate was just saying about the offer they had on one of the brushes looks like a brillo! :S but the two sparys are worth 8quid on there own plus clothes and sponge its still beter than buying it all seporate smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'll have to give that a whirl then. If your wheels have chips in the lacquer Wonderwheels is not a good idea!

warm soapey water... and a little elbow grease

or try spraying some soda crystals on the wheel, let it soak for a couple of mins then wash off..

I usually just wash the wheels with the soapy water after washing the car, but the wheels have brake dust stuck on and like yellow marks where the dust has been on for a while which will not come off with just car wash soap

Wonder Wheels is seriously strong stuff, should shift all the dust ! Halfords have it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

What he said

Oh, dont be tempted by the 49p ***** they are selling off in Tesco. laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I dont get why people NEED wheel cleaning products, Cos i've used nothing but Warm water and Shampoo on my Keskins and my Fox's, and they always come up like new, without any "Special" wheel stuff.

I dont get why people NEED wheel cleaning products, Cos i've used nothing but Warm water and Shampoo on my Keskins and my Fox's, and they always come up like new, without any "Special" wheel stuff.

Because you bought both sets of wheels brand new, and have kept on top of the cleaning, if your cleaning the wheels that came on your car the previous owner might not have looked after them so well.

I used wonderwheels on mine when I got the car and it brought off most of the baked on brake dust straight away, there's still some left that was on too strong. Not too bothered as I'll be getting them refurbed soon.