whats the best way to stop breaks screaming

as above , i have new pads and old discs , and they tend to scream like a ****** , what do you recon ?? i was thinking that the new pads have glazed the discs , so a wire brush to the discs to take the shiney surface off them and the same with the pads ??

once the pads have glazed there's nothing you can do to them really, did you bed them in as per the manufacturers instructions??

one way to stop them squeeling is to use some copper crease of the back where it is in contact with the caliper piston

Edited by Teflon

there just pagid pads , same as standard items mate , when i changed them they were fine , its just been in the last prob 5weeks they have been doin it

when i first changed them they were near non-exsistant and then i had to go down the motorway and braked hard for the turn off and they started to get better and then i had the brake fluid changed and about a week or so after that they started doing it

As Teflon has said, try copperslipping the backs of the pads. The squeeling is caused by brake dust build up & the vibration between the pad & the piston/caliper, you could just try taking the pads off & dusting everything down but it would probably come back after the dust builds up again wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by Max69vk

cool , its prob just a bad build up of dust cause it went away after i washed the car but its back now . and the new pads have prob been the cause of the new pads

Idiot!

Brake cleaner works much better and wont kill you!

No sence of humour.

I was going to suggest 3-in-1 tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

you dont have a sence of humour telling someone to use wd40 or oil on your brakes. that really does make you somone whether intentionally or not could have caused the death of drivers or unlucky pedestrians they hit from taking advice which was given in a serious form.

Edited by beach

you dont have a sence of humour telling someone to use wd40 or oil on your brakes. that really does make you somone whether intentionally or not could have caused the death of drivers or unlucky pedestrians they hit from taking advice which was given in a serious form.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I managed to get WD40 on the brakes on my old car and **** me did i shat myself when i pressed the pedal, absolutley nothing there! It took a while to wear off aswell.

Oh dear...

Please feel free to spray your pads with 3 in 1! report the results to us!

Oh dear.

If someone was actually to add WD or 3 in 1 to their brakes, I don't think under a car is the best place for them do you?

They were quite obviously jokes so perhaps take them as that, and not throw your toys out of the pram?

they were not readable as jokes. they could have been taken as good advice buy some readers. whats in somones mind as a funny comment could end up creating a big problem. it was not obviously a joke to someone who doesnt know that wd40 or oil is not a good thing to put on brakes.

think about it.

Edited by beach

Now I understand that Bucks could of been missconstrude, hence why I added mine. Now if you couldnt see them together as a joke... Well its a sad state of affairs.

i knew it was a joke, and you put a similey on your comment. even then someone foolish could still have taken the advice simply as stated. and a fool is more likely to drive into some pedestrians, so at least they should have some brakes that work poperly.

This whole thing seemed quite obviously a joke to me, hence I didn't reply to it last night.

Lets be honest here, even the most retarded of drivers/diy mechanic howevers experienced or not they may be will be fully aware that WD40 is designed to make stuff slip n slide, & will therefore be inapropriate for the job!

Now remember people, we're already half way to the weekend. Cheer up you b*ggers laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> cheers.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":cheers:" border="0" alt="cheers.gif" />

So even it seems you got the joke. So was that crap you wrote necassary, or was it to make you feel important?

You could of just put a smiley up, and then given Craig some useful info. Rather than huffing and puffing.

Prob best if you take the wheels off to do your brakes so that the brake cleaner wont need to be near the wheels!

And even if it did get on your wheels i doubt it would do ****** all any way it evaporates to fast!